📚📚 Read every day challenge - Spring 2022 🌸 🌱

June 1 :cherry_blossom: Home Post

More AI: The Somnium Files, of course :grin: and what a day it was. Some of my questions were answered, and some were very much not :joy: wild all around!

AI stuff

Well some of my structural questions have been answered; I “finished” my first route! :tada: It’s definitely not actually over, just locked for now, but progress is progress. So yes, it is more like VLR and the like where you hop between timelines and oh things sure do happen differently. イリス and 応太(おうた) are alive! For now anyway :sweat_smile: And イリス still lost an eye so things aren’t great exactly, but at least marginally less horrific so that’s nice.

But my first route… a lot happened. I met 89 which just. There’s a lot there huh? I have no idea what to make of the whole scene with (ひとみ) being murdered by someone who’s supposedly been dead for a year, and where 伊達(だて)'s boss shows up, and also it’s the scene from his first somnium way back when, like?? And then the video of his boss killing the guy from the Diet? I… hm. I have more questions than ever :joy:

On a lighter note, アイボゥ punched a window and well:

So hey not all is grim!

Reading-wise it’s still been really great. Voice-acting is a definitely a big boost in that department, so it’s nice having basically every word read to me :joy: A difference I suppose it that I haven’t been using game2text or anything since I can’t bring myself to play it in windowed mode, so it’s just been looking stuff up from listening and that’s been totally fine which is also nice! There are lots of dumb language puns which are always fun :grin: all in all a good time!

Ryouichi true route?? Just sail off into the sunset haha

24 Likes