📚📚 Read every day challenge - Spring 2022 🌸 🌱

April 24 :cherry_blossom: Home Post

More Zero Escape of course; Zero Time Dilemma is um… wild :joy: I’m starting to get a little more of a grasp of how it works but it’s all far from clear for sure. We’re back to puzzles though so that’s always fun! It’s still been really nice language-wise as well; people say weird stuff sometimes of course, but mostly I’m able to comfortably follow along at dialogue speed which feels pretty good! :grin:

ZTD stuff

This is maybe the most messed up Zero Escape, or maybe it just wasted no time getting to that point? And having cutscenes of some of these things… oof man, there’s a lot. 淳平(じゅんぺい)'s frozen head on a shelf? Axe suicide? A whole serial killer?? And some of the choices it has you make, like I’m controlling a whole child and the question is “who are you going to kill?” Absolutely brutal, ZTD pulls zero punches.

On a lighter note, it’s cool seeing some of the previous characters again! シグマ gets to have a voice this time, good for him. 淳平(じゅんぺい) seems to have been through some stuff since the first game which like, idk what would make him so much edgier when the nonary game didn’t seem to so :man_shrugging: a mystery man for now. Some of the “new” characters I’m less than convinced about how new they actually are but we shall see!

I’d heard about the flowchart in this game being wild and yeah they weren’t wrong :joy: It seems like time is generally kind of weird and non-linear within the story so I suppose it’s appropriate, but it’s sure something. Maybe it’ll make more sense over time, or maybe it won’t! I really wouldn’t be surprised either way lmao

But yeah I think I’ve technically finished two main endings already? One of them was a total fluke like two seconds in so that barely counts really, but hey progress is progress. Many mysteries await :eyes:

Congrats, that’s such an exciting accomplishment!! :tada: :tada: :tada:

I can’t make any real claims without context but I feel like it’d make sense to be an archaic thing? It’s an old copula apparently: verbs - なり as an archaic 'to be'? - Japanese Language Stack Exchange. From your description I just get like “oh I’m using samurai speech for style points” vibes, so that’s my wild guess :man_shrugging:

31 Likes