かがみの孤城 🪞 Week 18

Intermediate Book Club: Intermediate Japanese Book Club // Now Reading: TUGUMI・Next: おばちゃんたちのいるところ
かがみの孤城 Home Thread: かがみの孤城 (Kagami no Kojou) Book Club

Week 18

Start date: March 26th, 2022

This week we are finishing the 一月 chapter.
End page (bunko): 67
End page (tanko): 339
End phrase: そのまた次の日も。ずっと。

Previous week: かがみの孤城 🪞 Week 17
Next week: かがみの孤城 🪞 Week 19

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter and any content in future chapters.
  • When asking for help, please mention the page number. If you are reading the ebook version mention the percentage.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun! :durtle:

Read Aloud

We will be reading on Sundays at 10:00PM Japan time (reading the previous week’s content). Here is the time in your local time zone:

2022-04-03T13:00:00Z

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.

• I’m reading along (up to this week’s end page)
  • I’m already reading ahead (beyond this week’s end page)
  • I’ve read this book already and I’m here for discussion
  • I’m still reading the book but I haven’t yet reached this week’s starting page
  • I’m no longer reading the book

0 voters

This week's content

As expected no one saw no one. Sad for Masamune though. He prob thinks everyone ditched him.
Seems like the different timeline theory is making more sense. And why none of them still hasn’t gotten each other contact yet? Like just get their contact and try to meet up somewhere. Or just call each other when they are not at the castle.
My thought was to write a journal about what happened in the castle in case their memories got erased. Maybe the journal won’t be erased.
Ì’m still resisting reading ahead. Only 2 months left and no one tried to stay after 5. The castle mechanics seems so underused. Everything will unfold at the end I guess.

5 Likes

Yes, that’s a good point. It’s not uncommon for kids to keep a journal, so how would that work, indeed.

3 Likes

I guess they would just remember day dreaming about the castle instead. It would definitely help, though.

2 Likes

Or else they’d go mad wondering how all this stuff they don’t remember writing got into their journal. :joy:

4 Likes

Meh, those kids seem very good at ignoring stuff. They’d just not think about it :joy:

5 Likes