Nicole needs a thread to herself -- A Study Log of sorts

What I read in the Winter Challenge 2023

Ongoing:

• :fish:   飼育
  • :sweat_drops:   水たまりで息をする
  • :pirate_flag:   Flesh&Blood Bonus Material for Vol. 9 (with the F&B club)
  • :cityscape:   ユートロニカのこちら側 (with the Compulsive Readers club)
  • :waning_gibbous_moon:   1Q84 Book 1.2 (with the 1Q84 book club)
  • :cat2:   世界から猫が消えたなら (my new sauna book)
  • :man_walking:   Albert Camus: L’Étranger

Paused:

• :hole:   穴 (we discussed its difficulty in the Intermediate club and I got curious…)
  • :musical_score:   Eine kleine Nachtmusik (from 本屋大賞)
  • :cloud:   雲をつかむ話 (read ch. 1 with the German-Italian Reading Circle, want to continue)
  • :twisted_rightwards_arrows:   ifの悲劇 (had this in my pile for sooo long already and started it but slightly lost interest in the meantime)
  • :shinto_shrine:   聖お兄さん (started 100 years ago with the book club but never finished)
  • :walking_man:   カミュの異邦人 – When we read 人間失格 somebody mentioned the similarity of the two books, so I decided to give it a try (in French). Then Myria said she’d be interested in reading it as well, but in Japanese, so we will do a French-Japanese tandem :slight_smile: Which means I will read it in French (:man_walking:) and she will read it in Japanese, but I think I will also read each section in Japanese (:walking_man:) afterwards to double-check my French understanding :grin: (curious to see which version I get more out of ^^)
  • :earth_africa:   La Quête d’Ewilan: D’une monde à l’autre (maybe Belerith infected me with this book? Will see if I’ll read some of it on the side)
  • :church:   大聖堂 (The Pillars of the Earth) (project with Japanese friend; but too hard for him; talked him out of it)
  • :poop:   糞尿譚 (started way earlier but couldn’t finish due to difficulty - maybe this time?)
  • :troll:   Attack on Titan 1
  • plus I need to clean up a few manga that I started but never finished

Lined up:

• :pirate_flag:   Flesh&Blood Bonus Material for Vol. 10 - 11 (with the F&B club)
  • :pirate_flag:   Flesh&Blood Vol. 12 (with the F&B club, from end of Feb.)

Still later: :sweat_smile:

• :ramen:   博多豚骨ラーメンズ Vol. 1 (had to take a quick peek already :grin:)

Finished:

• :hibiscus:   チュベローズで待ってる AGE22 (with the Compulsive Readers club; finished Jan 13th)
  • :rose:   ユージニア (with the ABC; finished Jan 15th)
  • :blossom:   チュベローズで待ってる AGE32 (with the Compulsive Readers club; finished Jan 25th)
  • :pirate_flag:   Flesh&Blood Vol. 11 (with the F&B club; finished Feb 3rd)
  • :pirate_flag:   Flesh&Blood Bonus Material for Vol. 6 (with the F&B club; finished Feb 10th)
  • :pirate_flag:   Flesh&Blood Bonus Material for Vol. 8 (with the F&B club; finished Feb 23rd)
  • :sleeping_bed:   夢十夜 by 夏目蒼石 (for the literature circle)

Abandoned:

• :seal:   封印再度 - Who Inside (with the S&M book club)
  • :male_detective:   半落ち (with the 半落ち club)
  • :ghost:   おばちゃんがいるところ (with the IBC)
  • :books:   この本を盗む者は (with the ABC)
15 Likes