Nicole needs a thread to herself -- A Study Log of sorts

What I read in the Summer Challenge 2022

Ongoing:

• :beach_umbrella:   海辺のカフカ(下) (with the spin-off book club)
  • :wolf:   狼と香辛料 (Spice and Wolf) Vol. 1 (with the Advanced club)
  • :sunrise:   TUGUMI (with the Intermediate book club)
  • :church:   大聖堂 (The Pillars of the Earth) (project with Japanese friend)
  • :prince:   星の王子さま (The Little Prince) (this is still my sauna book because I’m not allowed to read digital books there)
  • :poop:   糞尿譚 (started way earlier but couldn’t finish due to difficulty - maybe this time?)
  • :troll:   Attack on Titan 1
  • :man_walking:   Albert Camus: L’Étranger

Paused:

• :hole:   穴 (we discussed its difficulty in the Intermediate club and I got curious…)
  • :musical_score:   Eine kleine Nachtmusik (from 本屋大賞)
  • :cloud:   雲をつかむ話 (read ch. 1 with the German-Italian Reading Circle, want to continue)
  • :twisted_rightwards_arrows:   ifの悲劇 (had this in my pile for sooo long already and started it but slightly lost interest in the meantime)
  • :shinto_shrine:   聖お兄さん (started 100 years ago with the book club but never finished)
  • :walking_man:   カミュの異邦人 – When we read 人間失格 somebody mentioned the similarity of the two books, so I decided to give it a try (in French). Then Myria said she’d be interested in reading it as well, but in Japanese, so we will do a French-Japanese tandem :slight_smile: Which means I will read it in French (:man_walking:) and she will read it in Japanese, but I think I will also read each section in Japanese (:walking_man:) afterwards to double-check my French understanding :grin: (curious to see which version I get more out of ^^)
  • :earth_africa:   La Quête d’Ewilan: D’une monde à l’autre (maybe Belerith infected me with this book? :joy_cat: Will see if I’ll read some of it on the side)
  • plus I need to clean up a few manga that I started but never finished
  • :waning_gibbous_moon:   1Q84 Book 1.2 ? (postponed until January, with the 1Q84 book club)

Lined up:

• :ramen:   博多豚骨ラーメンズ Vol. 1 (had to take a quick peek already :grin:)
  • :male_detective:   Spy x Family (from June 18th, with the Intermediate book club)

Finished:

• :jack_o_lantern:   詩的私的ジャック (with the S&M book club)
  • :tangerine:   orange vol. 1 (with MissDagger‘s book club)
  • :pirate_flag:   Flesh&Blood Vol. 2 (with the F&B club, finished Aug 14th)
  • :beach_umbrella:   海辺のカフカ(上) (with the Advanced book club, finished Aug 16th)
  • :pirate_flag:   Flesh&Blood Vol. 3 (with the F&B club, finished Aug 28th)
  • :pirate_flag:   Flesh&Blood Vol. 4 (with the F&B club, finished Sept 18th)

Abandoned:

Nothing so far :tada:

July
01 :tangerine: 02 :jack_o_lantern: 03 :jack_o_lantern:
04 :jack_o_lantern: :beach_umbrella: 05 :beach_umbrella: :musical_score: :hole: 06 :jack_o_lantern: 07 :jack_o_lantern: 08 :jack_o_lantern: 09 :jack_o_lantern: 10 :jack_o_lantern:
11 :jack_o_lantern: 12 :jack_o_lantern: 13 :jack_o_lantern: :beach_umbrella: 14 :beach_umbrella: :tangerine: 15 :beach_umbrella: :troll: 16 :beach_umbrella: :troll: 17 :beach_umbrella: :troll:
18 :beach_umbrella: :tangerine: 19 :beach_umbrella: 20 :beach_umbrella: :jack_o_lantern: 21 :jack_o_lantern: 22 :jack_o_lantern: 23 :jack_o_lantern: 24 :pirate_flag:
25 :beach_umbrella: 26 :pirate_flag: 27 :pirate_flag: 28 :pirate_flag: :beach_umbrella: 29 :beach_umbrella: :sunrise: :tangerine: 30 :sunrise: :ramen: :tangerine: :beach_umbrella: 31 :pirate_flag:
Aug
01 :beach_umbrella: :pirate_flag: 02 :beach_umbrella: :pirate_flag: 03 :ramen: 04 :ramen: 05 :ramen: :pirate_flag: :beach_umbrella: 06 :no_entry_sign: 07 :beach_umbrella:
08 :beach_umbrella: :sunrise: 09 :sunrise: :pirate_flag: 10 :pirate_flag: 11 :sunrise: :pirate_flag: 12 :pirate_flag: 13 :pirate_flag: 14 :pirate_flag:
15 :sunrise: :beach_umbrella: 16 :beach_umbrella: :pirate_flag: 17 :pirate_flag: 18 :pirate_flag: 19 :pirate_flag: 20 :prince: :pirate_flag: 21 :no_entry_sign:
22 :pirate_flag: 23 :pirate_flag: 24 :pirate_flag: 25 :pirate_flag: :beach_umbrella: 26 :pirate_flag: :beach_umbrella: 27 :pirate_flag: :beach_umbrella: 28 :pirate_flag: :wolf:
29 :wolf: :pirate_flag: 30 :beach_umbrella: :pirate_flag: :man_walking: 31 :pirate_flag: :beach_umbrella:
Sept
01 :beach_umbrella: :pirate_flag: :man_walking: 02 :beach_umbrella: :pirate_flag: :man_walking: 03 :beach_umbrella: :pirate_flag: :man_walking: 04 :beach_umbrella: :pirate_flag: :man_walking:
05 :wolf: :pirate_flag: :man_walking: 06 :beach_umbrella: :pirate_flag: :man_walking: 07 :pirate_flag: 08 :pirate_flag: 09 :pirate_flag: 10 :beach_umbrella: :pirate_flag: 11 :wolf: :pirate_flag: :man_walking:
12 :wolf: 13 :pirate_flag: 14 :pirate_flag: 15 :pirate_flag: 16 :pirate_flag: 17 :pirate_flag: 18 :pirate_flag: :church:
19 :church: 20 :church: 21 :church: :beach_umbrella: 22 :church: 23 :church: 24 :sunrise: 25 :sunrise:
26 :sunrise: 27 :sunrise: 28 :sunrise: 29 :sunrise: 30 :sunrise: 31 :sunrise:
11 Likes