[Userscript] Settings Exporter & Importer

:warning: This is a third-party script/app and is not created by the WaniKani team. By using this, you understand that it can stop working at any time or be discontinued indefinitely.

Installation

→ Get right to it ←

Transfer settings from one device to another with ease

Step 0: Open up the dialog

Step 1: Choose which scripts’ settings to export

Step 2: Either COPY the settings to the clipboard, or SAVE to a file

Step 3: Either paste the copied string into the text box or select a file to load

Step 4: Select which scripts’ settings you want to import, and hit IMPORT.
Notice that this will override any existing settings for the script

→ Install ←

19 Likes

Lovely. I’m surprised you (or anyone) hadn’t created this already!

2 Likes

@Rowena This might be helpful if you lose your settings again

2 Likes

That’s great! Just had to rebuild my setup on a clean install; happy to see a migration tool so I can keep my setup if I want in the future! :wink:

2 Likes

This script works like a dream. What an incredible time saver.

2 Likes

Thanks very much for creating this script, it has made migrating browsers much easier!

I was trying to use the script on mobile (Kiwi Browser), but was unable to open the pop-up in either the import or export section.
In fact, none of the WKOF pop-ups work irrespective of the script, so I guess that’s just a WKOF issue with this particular browser.

Would it be possible for you to add a button in the script pane to import/export settings for all available scripts at once?
I think that would serve a good workaround, or just be convenient feature anyway.

1 Like

That is interesting. I suspect that the script just isn’t detecting that you entered a string at all. If that is the case then an import all button would not work either. I will look into it when I get the time.

Did you try doing it with a file instead?

Yes I have tried that.
Unfortunately the pop-up still doesn’t do anything.

However, I don’t think that this is necessarily an issue with your script, but rather how WKOF pop-ups don’t always work on Kiwi Browser.
(I’ve had this behavior on reorder omega and some other scripts as well)

If you want me to debug stuff, the app provides access to the chrome dev tools.

1 Like

Oh, I just realized that yeah, it’s not supposed to be a dropdown at all, it’s supposed to be a multiselect element. It might make sense to make all scripts selected by default, which might solve your issue as well

1 Like

I have updated the script to default to all selected

1 Like

This has worked splendidly, thank you so much!

1 Like