🐉🐉🐉 極主夫道 3巻 • The Way of the House Husband, Volume 3

Welcome to 極主夫道 ・The Way of the Househusband, Volume 3

Note: We read Volume 1 as the Beginner Book Club!, and are continuing to read as an offshoot book club.

If you want to take part, just buy the book and join in the discussion! We also recommend setting this thread to ‘watching’ so that you get notified when the discussion threads are posted.

Not sure if this is for you? Check out the Nomination Post

and read the first chapter for free on bookwalker - remember that your fellow book club members and the vocab sheet will be here to help you out though!

Buy the Book

Physical | CDJapan

eBook | BookWalker |Kindle

If you haven’t used Amazon JP before, note that you will need a separate account.
CDJapan has (slow) economy shipping options available so is usually cheaper.

Volume 2 Reading Schedule

Week Start Date Chapter End Page Page Count
Wk 1 March 19 Chapter 19-20 32 30
Wk 2 March 26 Chapters 21-22 64 31
Wk 3 April 2 Chapters 23-24 96 32
Wk 4 April 9 Chapters 25-26 128 32
Wk 5 April 16 Chapter 27+おまけ end of volume 3 ?

Vocabulary List

Please read the editing guidelines before contributing!

Useful resources
Kansai-ben: kansaiben.com | Kansai-ben index,
Kansai-ben in 極主夫道, Osaka-ben transmogrifier
Yakuza slang/極道用語
Onomatopoeia
Contractions: Reference thread, more exhaustive list

2 Likes

I wasn’t able to be very active in the club with the last volume (life got in the way and I fell behind reading, almost caught up now tho). I should be more active with Volume 3 though!!

Also I don’t know if anyone else here uses bunpro but they recently added Kansai-ben grammar points and vocab!! It’s still in beta so if you want to add it to your study deck you have to opt-in to the beta version, but you can still look at it even if you’re not signed in or anything. This has been a useful resource as I’ve been catching up :smiley:

https://bunpro.jp/decks/eykrab/kansaiben-grammar-vocab

4 Likes

Okay! I’ve started a discussion thread, even though I haven’t totally completed the schedule yet. I’ll get to that, I swear!

4 Likes

I bought the first 7 vol recently and I’m planning on reading them soon, and I may or may not catch up and join in while y’all’re reading this volume (fingers crossed)

4 Likes

Hey, that Google doc still links to the volume 2 one? I thought about updating it, but I’m afraid of deleting anything…

2 Likes

Updated!

Sorry!

If you’re having separate spreadsheets for each volume, then I don’t need access to 3, but it currently is set to access restricted :sweat_smile:

Sorry to be perpetually late, but I have started a
Discussion Thread for week 2!

1 Like

Week 3 discussion thread is up!

3 Likes

Hi!

Week 4 discussion thread is up!

4 Likes

Week 5 discussion thread is up!

1 Like

Some polls for Volume 4! :slight_smile: I should have the Volume 4 page up in the next couple days but I figured I’d set up the polls now

Are you planning to read Volume 4 with the book club?
  • Yes
  • Yes, but I might start late
  • Not sure
  • No

0 voters

When to start Volume 4
  • start on April 23
  • take a week off, then start on April 30

0 voters

1 Like

Based on the poll it looks like we’re starting on April 30!

Also, the Volume 4 page is up!

3 Likes