かがみの孤城 🪞 Week 15

Intermediate Book Club: Intermediate Japanese Book Club // Now Reading: TUGUMI・Next: おばちゃんたちのいるところ
かがみの孤城 Home Thread: かがみの孤城 (Kagami no Kojou) Book Club

Week 15

Start date: February 26th, 2022

This week we are reading the first half of the 十二月 chapter!
End page (bunko): 383
End percentage (bunko): 92
End page (tanko): 275 or 276
End phrase: 行きたいところがあれば、行こう

Previous week: かがみの孤城 🪞 Week 14
Next week: かがみの孤城 🪞 Week 16

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter and any content in future chapters.
  • When asking for help, please mention the page number. If you are reading the ebook version mention the percentage.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun! :durtle:

Read Aloud

We will be reading on Sundays at 10:30PM Japan time (reading the previous week’s content). Here is the time in your local time zone:

2022-03-06T13:30:00Z

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.

• I’m reading along (up to this week’s end page)
  • I’m already reading ahead (beyond this week’s end page)
  • I’ve read this book already and I’m here for discussion
  • I’m still reading the book but I haven’t yet reached this week’s starting page
  • I’m no longer reading the book

0 voters

1 Like

A small reading week.

This week spoiler

Some development for Kokoro’s character. This teacher seems bad. The first one was nice but this one was more concerned about the look of the school or his position rather than Kokoro. Good thing she finally talked to her mom about what happened. Her mom is now more comprehensive to her and defends her against the teacher. I just can’t stop thinking that all of these kids have problems with the same girl at school. I also theorize that That nice teacher who brought Kokoro tea is ookami-sama. It would make sense why the teacher knew about their problem and why these children were chosen to be in the castle.

1 Like

Yes, it’s good that that finally happened. It was touching that she didn’t want to tell at first because her mother had always told her that you shouldn’t hate people or speak ill of them. Kokoro really is still a small child in that way. But then in the scene with the teacher she’s smart enough to understand that the teacher is only kind because it is his job and to understand that Sanada isn’t actually regretful (there are echoes of Ureshino who was also told by the teacher that his bullies were regretful which did not turn out to be the case at all).

3 Likes

Kokoro has grown so much! At the beginning of the book, she was so unsure of herself that her own tastes were 気がする、 and now she’s so confident that an adult is being insincere that she says so to his face!

2 Likes