[Userscript] KanjiDamage Mnemonics 2

This is a third-party script and is not created by the WaniKani team. By using this, you understand that it can stop working at any time or be discontinued indefinitely.

The original “KanjiDamage mnemonics for WaniKani” userscript by @nitsi is not maintained anymore, so I decided to take over maintenance.

Install KanjiDamage Mnemonics 2
General script installation guide
Do not forget to uninstall the old KanjiDamage script if you have it installed.

This script adds meaning and reading mnemonics from KanjiDamage to kanji lessons, reviews, and item pages. For more information and screenshots, visit the original thread.

I am now maintaining this script, but I have never used the KanjiDamage mnemonics myself. Me creating this thread is not an endorsement to use the KanjiDamage mnemonics over the WaniKani mnemonics. The KanjiDamage mnemonics only teach on’yomi, while WaniKani sometimes prefers kun’yomi for kanji items.

10 Likes

Add this to the list, too thumb

3 Likes

I sometimes found useful mnemonics using the previous KanjiDamage script that I preferred over the WK ones, though usually it was the other way around. Still, I found it helpful, thanks for maintaining it!

Warning: KD mnemonics can be kind of… weird :wink: sometimes that makes them memorable.

1 Like

thanks for taking over the project (im the original creator)

2 Likes