Start date: January 8th, 2022

End page (bunko): 215
End percentage (bunko): 52
End page (tanko): 154 or 155
End phrase: こころは教室に、きっと戻れる。

Previous week: かがみの孤城 Week 7
Next week: かがみの孤城 Week 9

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter and any content in future chapters.
  • When asking for help, please mention the page number. If you are reading the ebook version mention the percentage.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun! :durtle:

Read Aloud

We will be reading on Sundays at 10:30PM Japan time (reading the previous week’s content). Here is the time in your local time zone:

2022-01-16T13:30:00Z

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.

• I’m reading along
  • I already finished this chapter
  • I’m still reading the book but I haven’t reached this chapter yet
  • I’m no longer reading the book

0 voters

3 Likes
This Week Spoiler

Seems like Kokoro really has some trouble going out. I was not sure if the problem was the school or just going outside.
I’m kinda glad Fauka wasn’t there cause that gift would probably create an uncomfortable moment I feel.
I just like Masamune calling himself a genius without problem haha. I was sure he’s help Kokoro with studying but he just doesn’t find it useful.
Kokoro seems to finally want to search the key for real. The plot hasn’t developed much till now but it should go faster when we discover more about the castle.

3 Likes

Yes, I liked that too :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I think he’s a pretty good guy but his cockiness does make Kokoro a little uncomfortable…

I was a little sad this week that the boys and girls seem to be splitting up along traditional gender boundaries again with the boys playing games in the game room and the girls in the dining hall drinking tea and I hope it won’t stay like that. I liked it better when Kokoro was showing the boys her gaming skills.

For Kokoro, yes, but I think that Fuuka would be more forgiving towards Kokoro (since she knows about her situation) than towards Ureshino (in an it’s-the-thought-that-counts kind of way).

About Ureshino

In fact, I feel that they are a bit harsh towards Ureshino. Sure, he’s girl-obsessed and it would be creepy if he could get his wish and force one of the girls to fall in love with him (especially considering that his interest might shift to another girl at any time after that - what then?) but we’ll probably learn that he has his own problems and there might be painful reasons why he can’t get Fuuka a real gift (just like Kokoro).

It was to be expected. After being away for so long, anybody would be nervous to run into someone you know and with Kokoro, there are some deeper anxieties.

7 Likes

I’m finally caught up! Too bad the discussion has kinda died down…

Ah, this books gives me so many sad feelings when こころ is going through anxiety and awkward situations… But I’m enjoying it a lot, I hope in the end they can understand each other and she can go back to being a normal girl.
It was interesting to see リオン finally make an appearance, since he’s the one who has remained the most mysterious so far. Even then there is still a lot we don’t know about the other characters so I’m looking forward to finding out more. Kinda hoping in the next bit there will be some developments regarding the key/lock search.

6 Likes

As it gets further from when I read the book it becomes harder to remember what happened each week to comment on the story. (And I keep forgetting to go back and see if I left any notes/questions on my kindle.)

Also, welcome back! Think you’ll come to the read aloud on Sunday? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Absolutely. Kokoro seems to think that simply getting rid of Sanada would take care of the problem, but I think we all know that it will take more for her to get back to normal. I’m sure we’ll see quite some development in the rest of the book.

I had actually almost forgotten that he existed :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:. We still don’t know much about him. I thought their conversation ended very abruptly, though…

I’m also very interested in learning more about the other kids. And the search for the key. And I also feel that we haven’t seen that much of her parents either. We’re already at a quarter and still so much to get deeper into :smiley:

3 Likes

It’s nice to be back! I’m still too busy right now to make it unfortunately. Fingers crossed things will calm down a little before the book is over :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes