📚📚 Read every day challenge - Winter 2022 ☃❄

Update post for 22/1 - 26/1 | Home post here!

I’ve read through the first chapter of カードキャプターさくら クリアカード編 this week, and honestly feeling a small sense of achievement being able to read the sequel to the series that got me into anime/manga in the first place when I was a child. I know クリアカード started in 2016, but I haven’t read it in English or watched the anime adaptation as it was always one of those low level goals I wanted to hit in my learning journey. Unfortunately, I only have the first volume so I don’t want to rush through it too quickly! Deciphering Kero’s Kansai-ben is really quite fun and a useful nudge to take things slowly, and now I definitely have 「どないしたん」 ingrained in me. :sweat_smile:

れつ!ハイキュー is proving to be great fun, and a surprisingly (but I suppose not, in hindsight?) good way to pick up random culture-based words and start getting used to wordplay.

A few words/things from れつ!ハイキュー

笏 - しゃく - flat wooden or ivory baton carried in the right hand when in ceremonial imperial or Shinto garb
正露丸 - せいろがん - beechwood extract popular as a herbal treatment for diarrhoea (diarrhea), etc.
甲子園 - こうしえん - Kōshien is a series of Japan-exclusive High school baseball-themed video games. (Released on Family Computer and Super Famicon).

I will leave you with perhaps my favourite two panels of れつ! so far:

27 Likes