📚📚 Read every day challenge - Winter 2022 ☃❄

Summary post

Day 24: January 24th

365日にっぽんのいろ図鑑
Time spent: 11 min
Today’s color: 鳩羽鼠 (はとばねず[み]) - dove feather gray, is what I’m calling it​.

Today’s color is named for the キジバト - the Oriental turtle dove (Streptopelia orientalis; aka eastern turtle dove or rufous turtledove). That’s this chonky birb right here :arrow_down_small:

Some good words
  • 後期 (こうき) - latter period; second half; late stage; third trimester; second semester​
  • 森林 (しんりん) - forest; woods like…all the trees
  • 神秘的 (しんぴてき) - mysterious; mystical
  • まとう - to put on; to wear; to be clad in

まいにち暦生活 日本の暮らしを楽しむ365のコツ
Time spent: 8 min

Today’s reading talked about 地蔵 (じぞう) - the Buddhist guardian of children, travelers, and the underworld. The 24th of every month is his 縁日 (えんにち), which is “a day related to a particular deity, thought to bring divine blessing to those who celebrate it.”

What else did I read?
お前、タヌキにならねーか? Vol 1
Amount read: 10 pages
Time spent: 36 min

And now it’s another new person! (Although we do briefly get to see Chapter 2 guy again as well I love that he and こがね丸 apparently just hang out together now, that’s really cute xD) But this girl actually doesn’t end up turning into a tanuki at all :sweat_smile: She just chats with tanuki ver. こがね丸 for a bit. But she still ends up getting a new perspective on things in her life - namely the fact that her dad was just given about half a year to live. I really liked the afterword pages in the chapter, they were very sweet :3 Every chapter has a really nice mix of fun/humor and heart.

Good words
  • ゴミ漁り (ゴミあさり) - picking through garbage; dumpster diving; scavenging rubbish
  • 野生 (やせい) - wild; growing wild; living in the wild
  • 早死に (はやじに) - premature death; untimely death; dying young
  • 余生 (よせい) - one’s remaining years; the rest of one’s life
  • 労う (ねぎらう) - to show appreciation for (efforts, esp. by someone of equal or lower status); to thank for; to reward for

Ahhh, yes, that’s the best feeling!! :smile: I had that moment with ハイ☆スピード! in the last challenge, it really is like coming home :heart:

Ohhhh I’m obsessed with the cover already :o It looks so pretty!

25 Likes