📚📚 Read every day challenge - Winter 2022 ☃❄

January 22 :snowflake: Home Post

…Well. I may have gone chaos mode again :joy: Being busy has left me pretty mentally exhausted for 錆喰(さびく)いビスコ lately, so today I decided to take a break (lmao) and check out (かぜ)(つよ)()いている again, see how it felt. And… wow. Like seriously, it feels SO much more readable than the last time I messed with it, and definitely more than 錆喰(さびく)いビスコ has, even as I’ve gotten a bit more comfortable with it. Don’t get me wrong, I’m still looking up a bunch of stuff, but like… so much less. It’s honestly wild. (かぜ)つよ always felt like some far-off thing; a 600-something page novel?? Terrifying :joy: So for it to be comparatively “easy”… wild.

So I read like 18 pages :joy: That’s farther than I’ve ever gotten in the past (which is also really crazy to realize, I spent ages on it then haha) and I definitely felt much more comfortable with it than I ever had before. I thought I understood what was going on when I read it before… not so lmao. It’s really just a huge wake-up call; I remember thinking that the sentences in (かぜ)つよ were all so long, but now 錆喰(さびく)いビスコ has ruined me and they mostly feel short. Perspective is everything huh?

Anyway today’s reading was a really cool experience, and now I have more options for prose! Mushroom boys and running boys, what more could I need :joy:

Fun words

渦巻(うずま)く - to whirl, to jumble together
(みみ)()ます - to strain one’s ears
()けずり(まわ)る - to run around, to busy oneself
重力(じゅうりょく) - gravity

Ooh okay, I’ll have to keep an eye out :eyes:

19 Likes