📚📚 Read every day challenge - Winter 2022 ☃❄

January 17 :snowflake: Home Post

Whew, more 錆喰(さびく)いビスコ! I actually had to do other productive things today (what a concept huh) so I only read about 4 pages to finish up chapter 3 (!!), but I think that only took me like an hour? I’m bad at tracking that sort of thing, but that’s definitely a speed improvement :joy:

I think basically what’s happened is I’ve read enough that I know the specific set of somewhat-weird words 錆喰(さびく)いビスコ uses a lot, so when I run into a sentence that just uses those, it’s easy! Whereas a couple chapters ago, those sentences would’ve been just as difficult as one that uses words that uncommon even within the book, so having those be totally comprehensible at this point makes the whole experience wayyy smoother (I hope that made some semblance of sense lmao)

Anyway I’m still really enjoying it! Some of the descriptions are just… man I love them. At one point ビスコ was described as 「()()けた(あか)(あらし)のような少年(しょうねん)」 and I think that’s just wonderful, very accurate :joy: Three chapters down; I’m looking forward to continuing on!

Some ~words~

即死(そくし) - instant death
攪乱(かくらん) - disturbance, perturbation
童顔(どうがん) - baby face
にこり - smile sweetly
逡巡(しゅんじゅん) - hesitation, indecision
ぶっきらぼう - curt, blunt, brusque

23 Likes