📚📚 Read every day challenge - Winter 2022 ☃❄

January 31 :snowflake: Home Post

And one month down! :tada: Today started out pretty normal; I read a bit of (かぜ)つよ between classes, they’re all still freaking out about secretly being on the track and field team this whole time, all is good.

And then this happened:

I’d totally forgotten about 999; someone recommended it to me a while back as just like a game I’d like, completely unrelated to Japanese. So I decided to take a peek, see if it was even available in Japanese (yes), and then the whole trilogy was on sale for like $15 :eyes: sooo obviously I have no self control and I bought it and tried it out, and honestly? Not so bad! Like yeah I’m looking up plenty of stuff, but it really doesn’t feel any rougher than any of the nonsense I’ve been doing lmao. I got an ocr set up so if anything this is a luxury compared to all the physical books I’ve been reading :joy:

Granted I’m not very far at all so who knows, it could end up completely impossible, but I won’t know unless I try! (channeling my inner ハイジ there haha, he’s rooting for me :muscle:)

Words!!

幽霊部員(ゆうれいぶいん) - member of a club who never participates (what a good term :joy:)
偉大(いだい) - greatness
強豪(きょうごう) - overwhelming strength, powerhouse
我関(われかん)せず - no concern of mine
()() - doorknob (I love this for some reason, it’s just very correct and feels like a play on words)
びくともしない - unperturbed, unyielding

Ahhh congrats, that’s so exciting!! Great job :tada: hope to be there with you soon-ish (if I can stop picking up new projects lmao)

Omg congrats to you too, that’s such a good feeling! (not that I’m super well-versed but) It’s so nice actually feeling progress like that, we’ve all come so far :')

21 Likes