📚📚 Read every day challenge - Winter 2022 ☃❄

Summary post

Day 30: January 30th

365日にっぽんのいろ図鑑
Time spent: 12 min
Today’s color: 飴色 (あめいろ) - amber; yellowish-brown

Pretty! I love how the kanji basically translate to “candy color” xD I love hard candy :drooling_face: Actually, it reminds me of these really cool hard candy…art pieces(?) I bought the last time I was in Japan!

Pic of one of them

This shop is so cool, they have some more pics on their website

Good words
  • 積み重ねる (つみかさねる) - to pile up; to accumulate
  • 作り上げる (つくりあげる) - to build up; to complete; to construct; to create; to put together​; to make up; to fabricate; to invent; to cook up
  • べっこう飴 (べっこうあめ) - hard candy; candy suckers molded on a griddle; tortoise-shell candy​
  • 琥珀 (こはく) - amber
  • 子供じみた - childish; child-like; immature; infantile​

まいにち暦生活 日本の暮らしを楽しむ365のコツ
Time spent: 9 min

Return of 憲房色 :joy: Interestingly, this book uses けんぽういろ as furigana for this word :eyes:

What else did I read?
おでかけ子ザメ
Amount read: 55 pages
Time spent: 19 min

Of course, I had to start this today! :shark: I was dying of cuteness overload pretty much the whole time because this tiny shark is just. so. cute! Ahhh :confounded: I love him so much you guyssss :sob:
My face the whole time reading :arrow_down:

This manga has…almost no text, so it’s really not the best choice for reading practice if that is your main aim xD However, if your main aim is to see a baby shark doing supremely adorable things, then this is the best manga and I can highly recommend it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Here's part of my favorite chapter, baby shark goes to a movie :33333

Look at how small he is on the counter :pleading_face: :pleading_face:
バイバーイ :sob:

I had a hard time choosing my favorite panels so here are a bunch of them xD

Soft and friendly shark :heart:

The wonder in his little eyes is so cute :3

Polite shark waits patiently to cross the street :pleading_face:

Smol shark shares an extra soda with a friend

I want this shark to be my friend :heart:

I did get a couple words out of it, too
  • 上映 (じょうえい) - screening (a movie); showing
  • 合体 (がったい) - union; combination; coalescence; amalgamation; merger; incorporation
  • 押しボタン式 (おしボタンしき) - pelican crossing; pedestrian light controlled crossing; push-button activated pedestrian crossing
  • ずかん - pictorial book; picture book; illustrated reference book; identification manual; field guide
  • チューチュー - slurp; sucking noisily
24 Likes