📚📚 Read every day challenge - Winter 2022 ☃❄

January 28 :snowflake: Home Post

A bit of a late post, but I read four more pages of (かぜ)つよ today! I didn’t have as much time as I would’ve liked but :man_shrugging: (honestly I spent a lot of time making myself not buy the new pokemon game but we’ll see how long that actually lasts)

Some things aren’t happening quite as I expected, and I’m really not sure whether it’s actually different or if I’ve just forgotten :joy: like these pages talked about ハイジ’s knee injury and we haven’t even brought up the hakone ekiden yet, and we still haven’t met 王子(おうじ)!! I really didn’t think these things were so separated but who knows

Anyway I’m still liking it a lot! Hopefully tomorrow I’ll have time to read more :+1:

Cool words

誘導尋問(ゆうどうじんもん) - leading question
ぶっ()ばす - to knock down, to send flying, to drive away
暗黙(あんもく) - tacit, implicit
指標(しひょう) - index, indicator

Thank you :') you were right, it’s been pretty manageable! Even the absence of furigana isn’t so bad most of the time :blush:

This is very relatable :joy: tbh I think a lot of my greatest progress has come with fighting through things that are definitely way above my level that I’m super interested in, something about it just hits different so :man_shrugging: whatever works!

I haven’t read a whole lot of manga yet to be fair, so maybe there’s some truly absurd fonts out there, but I have to say those seem a lot rougher than most I’ve seen and I absolutely don’t blame you for holding off on it :joy: That font with the circles is really something.

20 Likes