What are your goals for Japanese in 2022 and have you been able to reach your goals for 2021?

2021:

• I started resuming Japanese studying full-blown around Oct, after I found an interesting manga, I guess.

2022 goals:

I might have cheated a little, as I started writing in the middle of the year. Though, I actually started making my goals around Apr 2022.

• Closely mapped would be “number of books”, as said in extensive reading - I probably won’t change it yet.
    • 3 books
    • 20 mangas
  • Can really identify sentences and vocabularies in audios
    • Naturally, my listening skills should on par with my reading skills; considering I read manga with colloquial language sometimes.
  • Stop hating Japanese articles and websites, that is, being able to read them with relative ease, and can finish articles properly in reasonable time.

About Japanese level test, it might be nice, but the priority is to have real skills first, anyway. Tests (with certificates) may come handy when losing a way of how to improve, and being too satisfied with my current good-enough skills (which is currently not good enough).

My Minna no Nihongo’s are still there; but I can’t remember where I lost my Tobira - maybe I need to go to Kinokuniya later.

11 Likes