|Next week|Click!|
|Home thread|Click!||

How is the reading going?
  • I am reading along
  • I am catching up
  • I am dropping this book

0 voters

Vocabulary

Please read the guidelines on the first page before adding any words.

Discussion questions

1. What sentence/passage gave you the most difficulty? Feel free to request some help, or if you figured it out on your own break it down for the rest of us!
  2. What was your favorite new vocab word from this week’s reading?
  3. Was there any passage that you found particularly intriguing? Did it resonate with you (either positively or negatively)? Was it surprising? Offer any insight or new perspective? Was it just beautifully written?
1 Like

Well, this is taking an unexpected turn… but that was to be expected really. :grin:

I admit I read ahead a bit until the next break point because I didn’t wand to stop there. This is the point that would have probably hooked me into reading faster until I finished the book if there was no schedule.

3 Likes

I find it interesting how the protagonist intentionally dumbs herself down in order to win his affection. Seems a bit old-fashioned and sexist from my perspective :upside_down_face:

This bit cracked me up:

たとえ強姦されたとしても、がするならそれはさぞかし礼儀正しい強姦なのだろうとっていた

I was confused about the bit at the end. The fact Ken had been there had been irritating her all night, so when he went to the toilet she ‘spiked’ his drink with pushpins that had been holding up a calendar up to that point…? And that causes Youji to hit her?

3 Likes

That’s how I understood it.

2 Likes

I’m really interested to see how far she is going to take this, she seems to get more and more childlike around him :sweat_smile:

3 Likes