地縛少年花子くん (Toilet Bound Hanako-kun) | Volume 2 Reading

Welcome to 地縛少年花子くん :toilet: Volume 2

This is the second volume of 地縛少年花子くん. The First volume was read as part of the Beginner Book club. You can find the original post for the book club here:

Beginner Book Club Hanako home thread

This isn’t exactly an official off-shoot club, more like a relaxed thread where people who decide to continue the series can discuss and ask question on the book. There is no strict schedule so feel free to drop by anytime you want and read at your own pace!

The Story So Far

Summary

Yashiro Nene walked into the girl’s toilet in the old school building one day hoping to summon the ghost of a girl called Hanako who is rumored to grant any wish you ask for. To her surprise it turns out Hanako is actually a boy?! Through some mischief Hanako and Yashiro are now bound together by a curse of a mermaid. If Yashiro gets wet, she begins to develop fishy properties :fish:

Where we last left off, Hanako, Yashiro, and Kou were investigating the fourth school mystery, the Misaki stairs. They ended up getting dragged into Misaki’s domain with only one way out. Will Yashiro be cut in half by giant scissors :scissors:? Will they be able to escape the Misaki Stairs? Will Yashiro be able to find and rescue Aoi? Find out in this volume! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Buy the Book

Physical | CDJapan | Amazon JP

eBook | BookWalker | Kobo | Kindle

If you haven’t used Amazon JP before, note that you will need a separate account.
CDJapan has (slow) economy shipping options available so is usually cheaper.

Anyone done with this volume?
  • Yes
  • Not yet

0 voters

2 Likes

I downloaded the book and I stumbled upon some unexpected free time this weekend. Looking forward to continuing. Thanks for putting up the thread!

2 Likes

I joined the book club but the speed was too slow for me so I couldn’t really join in the conversation. Especially since I saw the anime

I don’t know if I will read it now or later but I will stick around.

2 Likes

Since this isn’t really structured I’ll add a poll to the thread so that whenever someone finishes the book i know to create the thread for the next volume.

2 Likes

Just finished the ミサキ stairs arc!

Just checking my understanding–In addition to his class of elementary school students, ミサキ先生 was teaching the spirit at the shrine how to write? And that’s why he took his class to the statue for the photo, so that all his “students” would be there? Not quite sure why he gave the fox spirit scissors, but it was a very nice story.

2 Likes

Nice!

Your spot on with your understanding. I don’t really know about the scissors tho, never really thought that hard about it. Now that Misaki stairs is over things are starting to get more interesting. I totally forgot about those last couple of pages.

2 Likes

I went ahead and read the next chapter, too (the one with the 告白の木). I have to say Yashiro’s character is pretty hilarious. I feel so bad for her sometimes but she really does bring it on herself.

2 Likes

Yeah the 告白の木 was a really good chapter.

It has hilarious parts but also really cute and touching parts too. Especially towards the end.

This panel was hilarious :joy:

2 Likes

And how can you not love that れもん shirt. And 葵’s response to all of this.

2 Likes

Just finished the volume! Still enjoying it quite a bit–I’m ready for number 3. This panel from the second to last chapter was great:

3 Likes

That’s great! I still can’t get over how gorgeous the art is in this manga. Everytime i read it I’m blown away.

Crying Hanako is not a Hanako i ever want to see but boy does it get the emotions to flow

I’ll put up the thread for the third volume soon. Expect another Major arc.

I hope everyone else is enjoying it so far too.

1 Like

The thread for volume 3 is now up.

2 Likes

This reminds me that I really do need to get around to volume 2

1 Like

Take ur time and feel free to ask questions or give ur thoughts as ur reading :grinning:

1 Like