week start date chapter pages count
7 apr 26 6 3-34 32
8 may 3 7 35-64 30
9 may 10 8 65-94 30
10 may 17 9 95-124 30
11 may 24 10 125-156 32
12 may 31 11 157-186 30

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter and future events
  • If you have a question, please use the search function to see if your question has aleady been asked and answered before posting.
  • If you have a question, please include the chapter and page title in your post.
  • Feel free to ask questions on past chapters that are in volume 2.
  • Try not to ask questions about future chapters before the club officially reaches that point.
  • Feel free to gush about your favorite moments from current and past chapters :heart:

Read-Aloud Sessions

We will be having weekly read-aloud sessions on Saturday, March 20, 2021 4:00 PM in the discord voice channel. Join the Discord here.

Sign-up Sheet

Week 7
name description sign up
ハク Yona’s bodyguard Rain
ヘンデ Hak’s blond brother kusuri
テウ Hak’s black-haired brother -
- Wind Tribe people -
イ・グンテ Earth Tribe General -
アン・ジュンギ Water Tribe General kusuri
カン・スジン Fire Tribe General -
ムンドク Hak’s grandpa deliana88
ケイシュク Suwon’s advisor -
スウオン Yona’s cousin -
ヨナ Princess -
テヨン Hak’s little brother -
Week 8
name description sign up
Wind Tribe people -
ハク Yona’s bodyguard iterimpius
テウ Hak’s black-haired brother -
テヨン Hak’s little brother Nana
ムンドク Hak’s grandpa beari
ヨナ Princess -
ヘンデ Hak’s blond brother -
Flashback スウオン Yona’s cousin -
Fire Tribe Soldier -
テジュン Fire Tribe Leader’s Son -
Week 9
name description sign up
ハク Yona’s bodyguard Rain
- Wind Tribe people & Merchant iterimpius
ヨナ Princess deliana88
テウ Hak’s black-haired brother kusuri
ヘンデ Hak’s blond brother -
テヨン Hak’s little brother beari
ムンドク Hak’s grandpa Nana
- Fire Tribe Soldier iterimpius
テジュン Fire Tribe Leader’s Son -
Week 10
name description sign up sign up part 2 (starts p.111)
ハク Yona’s bodyguard Rain
ヨナ Princess beari kusuri
ムンドク Hak’s grandpa
- Fire Tribe Soldiers
テジュン Fire Tribe Leader’s Son Nana
Week 11
name description pages sign up
テジュン Fire Tribe Leader’s Son until p.139 beari
テジュン Fire Tribe Leader’s Son starting p.140 iterimpius
ハク Yona’s bodyguard all deliana88
ヨナ Princess all Rain
- Fire Tribe Soldiers all
ケイシュク Suwon’s advisor all
スウオン Soon-to-be-King all Nana
ユン Pretty Boy Genius all kusuri
Week 12
name description Pages sign up
スウオン New king, bathes fully clothed pg ? iterimpius
スウオン New king, bathes fully clothed pg ?
スウオン New king, bathes fully clothed pg ?
ヨナ Princess All kusuri
ユン Pretty Boy Genius All Kraddak
イクス Priest with hair that bothers me All
ケイシュク Tiny Hat Advisor few lines Rain
ハク Yona’s bodyguard few lines Rain
名前なし Random people in the crowd few lines beari
名前なし The guy who puts the crown on Suwon few lines beari
カン・スジン Fire Tribe Leader few lines deliana88
ムンドク Everyone’s favorite grandpa few lines iterimpius
テウ Hak’s black-haired brother 1 line Nana

Vocab Sheet

Participants

Will you be reading along?
  • Yes! :tada:
  • I’m planning to catch up
  • Nope! But I’ll join the discussions.
  • Poll :eyes:

0 voters

2 Likes

@Mods can you turn the first post into a wiki please? :grin:

Whoohooo volume 2 here we come!

1 Like

Post is now a wiki :durtle_noice:

1 Like

Woo! Thanks!

I’m putting the latest chapters to the left for our Vocab sheet, since otherwise we’ll soon be scrolling right to oblivion as our chapters go up. Let me know if that doesn’t work for you guys and I can change it back.

1 Like

I usually just use the menu option to go to the sheet that I want, but this works too! Definitely more convenient.

On page 19, Suwon’s face when Mundok said that he would be okay with him being king if he did it the right way and married Yona had me thinking. Did he actually plan on marrying Yona after assassinating Il? I initially thought he wouldn’t do that to her since he cares for her, but considering he was willing to kill her has me reconsidering. Or maybe he’s just sad that his childhood friends are no longer with him idk :woman_shrugging:

Regarding Read Aloud Sessions

Should we temporarily move it this week? I have something at that time, @NanaNanaNana is moving, @deliana88 might have work that day, @sakuchu is not reading volume 2 so from the usual people it might end up being just @Rain32 , @kusuri , and @Kraddak if we keep the same time.

I could do earlier that day but not later (or rather, if it’s at the usual time or later, I’ll have to do what I did last week and join just to listen in while I do work stuff).

Also, in general I know we said probably keeping the read-aloud at the same time seemed best, but… it looks like my work schedule is going to have me starting work at exactly 10:30am PST for the foreseeable future.

I’m totally willing to do what I did last week and join in just to listen (while multitasking work stuff), but it would be AWESOME if we could move the read aloud session an hour, or even just a half hour earlier.

I personally can do 930 but I’ll be there for only 30 minutes. 9 would be better for me.

Hello everyone!! I’m only just seeing this post, is it too late for me to join?? I had been thinking of rereading the series this time in japanese, and this seems like the perfect chance…!

1 Like

Never too late to join! We just started volume 2 this week :slight_smile:

1 Like

Perfect! :grin: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I joined the Discord too! I can’t wait to discuss with eveyone! I will try to read volume 1 as fast as possible (I’ve read it before and have physical copy) and then begin with vol.2 by the end of this week! :kissing_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

@beari - is that for this weekend or every weekend?

I could do 9 or 9:30, although 9:30a PST would be better for me. But I can do either if 9 is what works best for folks!

My schedule is turbulent right now but for this week I can’t do our usual time. deliana’s situation seems pretty permanent for the time being tho so probably every weekend until someone else has a seemingly permanent schedule change

My Saturdays are pretty open, so whatever time works best for everyone else will be fine with me!

1 Like

Could we try 9:30 PST for this week and see how it goes for ppl? And if we still need to move it earlier we can in the future?

Yeah we’ll try 0930. I can’t make it this week after all but I should be back next week.

Also there’s a lot of roles this week so each person can have 2-3 or more depending on how many show up.

I’m the only one who’s signed up. ;_;

Most people sign up Thursday/Friday so don’t worry. I’d only worry after a few hours.