狐笛のかなた Chapter 1, Part 1 discussion

狐笛のかなた Home Thread

Chapter 1, Part 1: 封印とかれる、年越しの市庭

Start Date: January 30th
Previous Week: Prologue, Part 2 & Prologue, Part 3
Next Week: Chapter 1, Part 2 & Chapter 1, Part 3

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter and any content in future chapters.
  • When asking for help, please mention the page number. If you are reading the ebook version mention the percentage.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun! :durtle:

Read Aloud

We will be reading on Sundays at 8:30AM Eastern U.S. time (reading the previous week’s content). Here is the time in your local time zone:

2021-02-07T13:30:00Z

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.

• I’m reading along
  • I’m still reading the book but I haven’t reached this part yet
  • I’m no longer reading the book

0 voters

If you’ve read ahead (or read the book before) but plan to participate, please vote for “I’m reading along”.

I feel like at least half my look ups where on page 2 and 3 this time. :sweat_drops:

I’d one vocab question remaining, probably on page 2, shortly before the first break. 紺色の帯に刀をたばさんでいる, but google took care of that for me.

As for this chapter, I’m sad ばあちゃん died. :frowning: I wonder about the new people introduced here, but in a way this part felt almost like a tease it was so short. I’m really looking forward to finding out more about the 封印 over the course of this chapter… Soon! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Finally got around to reading this section. The first half or so was a bit slow, but the second half was more interesting. Seems like we might get some explanation about her ability earlier than expected.

3 Likes