[Userscript] Level SRS Details

:warning: This is a third-party script/app and is not created by the WaniKani team. By using this, you understand that it can stop working at any time or be discontinued indefinitely. :warning:

Hi everyone!

GreasyFork link Wanikani Level SRS Details

This userscript modifies the level details page with the following…

• Modifies the background color of each item to match it’s current SRS stage
  • Adds a sub-stage indicator on apprentice/guru items
  • Sorts items per item type (radical, kanji, vocab) by SRS stage.
  • Alters the legend on top to match the color scheme of the SRS stages.

NOTE: This userscript requires you to install the Wanikani open framework. You can find information on how to install that here.

This is particularly useful in conjunction with my other userscript here that provides the high-level SRS progress per stage, as this would allow you drill into individual levels and see what item is at stage. I find myself using this often to see what the low-stage items are on past levels as this is usually a good indicator of a leech that’s holding back burning those levels.

For reference, here is the original version.

Revision History

1.0.1 - Removed jquery usages, tweaked styling.
1.0.0 - Initial release. Added sorted item by SRS stage
0.1.0 - Beta Release

9 Likes

Super! That’s really great, Razorcat. I like the new sortedness. Thank you very much.

1 Like

This is fantastic! Thanks again for putting this together.

1 Like

This is super useful, thank you! :smiley: Sorry for dragging this back up, is there a way to also mark things on item pages? (Eg, on a kanji’s page, show the level progress of ‘Found in vocabulary’)

As in the page when you click on one the items? I hadn’t considered it but it definitely wouldn’t be that hard to add and I could see the value there. If I get some free time I’ll tinker around with it. Thanks!

1 Like

Is there a trick to getting this to work? When I try to load it now it doesn’t show anything at all for me. I haven’t had issues with other scripts.

Running on chrome in windows, chrome version 105.0.5195.102. I tried it with only the open framework + this script and the level pages all remain the same as standard with no changes.

Replying to myself, I opened the console and can see that the line with the issue is:
let legend = $('.additional-info.level-list.legend > ul').first();
With the error:
userscript.html?name=Wanikani%2520Level%2520SRS%2520Details.user.js&id=89b5b2a7-b926-4f68-bfbf-02cf6caaf80e:53 Uncaught (in promise) ReferenceError: $ is not defined

Front end is not my forte so hoping someone recognizes what this error means so I can get this to work.

1 Like

WK removed jQuery from the item pages. OP needs to update their script to load jQuery again through WKOF

3 Likes

Thanks for the info! Hoping OP or someone more confident comes back to do an official fix, in the mean time I’ll try to hack something for myself as an excuse to learn more JS.

Sorry about that! I haven’t been too active in WK and the forums for a while, so I missed the memo. I’ll try to get to it in the next couple days. I’m sure all of my scripts are broken since they relied on the existing jquery :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Thanks for the link, seems like it should be pretty straightforward. Although I could alternatively just remove the jquery, as I was just using it for convenience

2 Likes

Just posted a new version 1.0.1 that should resolve it

2 Likes

Did they make a breaking change or is it just an intermittent issue for me?

I just installed this and its not working for me. I use chrome.

Is this broken for others right now?

It’s also broken for me, so instead I use WKStats for now. Tested on both Firefox and Chrome.