One Piece: Vol 1 Discussion, Chapter 3

Join the One Piece reading club here!

One Piece: Vol 1 Discussion (Chapters 1-8)

Current Chapter: 3

one_piece_cover_1

should we continue at the same rate?
  • just continue at the same pace
  • double the pace

0 voters

Since there was a long gap between this chapter and the previous chapter, should we,
  • just get on with it
  • wait a week
  • wait 2 weeks
  • wait 3 weeks
  • wait even more

0 voters

Reminders for Discussion

1. Please blur/hide any major events in the current week’s pages (however early they occur) or any events that happen in future chapters, like so: [spoiler]texthere[/spoiler]
  2. Feel free to discuss grammar, vocabulary, comprehension questions, as well as interesting plot details
  3. Include references (page, panel, character speech bubble, etc.) so that others can help you
  4. Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. We’re all here to learn and read together, so share your thoughts and ask questions! :smiley:

Vocabulary List Spreadsheet

Reading Along?

• Yes
  • Maybe later
  • Already finished
  • Nope

0 voters

It’s definition 4, I’d say.

2 Likes

so it’s like “it dampened the mood?”

1 Like

Other way around - they got carried away by the mood.

2 Likes

this thread dated, but I think it is better to double the pace especially for those who are fast readers. Well, if there is a long gap, it is better to just get on with it. After all, it is still the same if we will wait for another week or two. why not just get on with it.

@5oulCrusher how long do you think we should wait?

One Piece?! I might jump in later, I have a random volume! (nr 17 or so, I’ll have to check :rofl: )

hey i purchased this book back in the fall but fell off for mental health reasons.

I finished up some other manga and my goal is to finish this before I move on to more Haikyuu.

I’m catching up from chapter one but I’ll be up with y’all soon :heart:

1 Like

I’m not sure whether @yukinet is still doing the club

ah rest in piece… :smirk:

Either way I’ll probably pick it up again. thanks for the heads up

1 Like

due to lack of interested, i decided to read it alone.

1 Like

How far are you yukinet? I’m reading this now, and would love a reading companion. I’m on Chapter 3 but am reading it at 15-20 pages a day or so. So I can catch up.