獣の奏者 final chapter, part 2 discussion

Join the Intermediate Book Club here!

獣の奏者 Home Thread

Final Chapter, Part 2: 獣の奏者、 弦の調べ

Start Date: December 12th
Previous Week: Final Chapter, part 1

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter and any content in future chapters.
  • When asking for help, please mention the page number. If you are reading the ebook version mention the percentage.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun! :durtle:

Read Aloud

We will be reading on Sundays at 10:30PM Japan time (reading the previous week’s content). Here is the time in your local time zone:

2020-12-20T13:30:00Z

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.

• I’m reading along
  • I’m still reading the book but I haven’t reached this part yet
  • I’m no longer reading the book

0 voters

If you’ve read ahead (or read the book before) but plan to participate, please vote for “I’m reading along”.

1 Like

Well that chapter was harder and longer than usual but I liked it.

I end up first :tada: :tada: :tada:

This week spoiler

ダミヤ was better than expected to take out the personal guard of the Queen. I was wondering what wanted to to with the war. Seem like he had plans with the traitor on the other side. I wasn’t expecting the end at all. I was thinking maybe she will do like her mother to whistle in her finger and stop the war. Seems like she have reached リラん’s heart.

My impression of the book/serie

I first want to thx the person who recommended this to me because I would not have to look it if not for this book club. I’m not usually into that kind of book and I’m happy I was able to read it. It weird to have finished it because it been a long time since we started it. I know it’s not even a year but still reading one chapter per week you build a habit. The end was not at all as expected. I was always thinking the author will have to rush the end because of the pages left. Look like we will never know how it continues. I think I read in the 後書き that other volumes completed that story if someone can confirm it to me I would like it. I also read into it that the author finished there because he/she has said everything he/she wanted to say. I do find it to be a kind poetic ending but I would still like to know what happens. I will probably be watching the anime at some point. It’s a really nice story even though it’s outside my usual genre I don’t regret it. That book had the longest 後書き I ever seen.
The difficulty was good. I did not have to look often at vocabulary. Probably the most on-point book that I was currently reading at the moment in terms of difficulty. Around one hard chapter per 1-2 months.

Now I have more time to read a book I bought… Who am I kidding I meant more time to buy more books and just end up joining another book club. I hope I will see you in other book clubs and I look forward to reading you comments on the book/serie.

6 Likes
Summary

Yes, that was mentioned at the end of the first book, I think. There was a section from the point of view of the second son.

She doesn’t know how to do that, though :sweat_smile: Also, it would be a terrible sin to do that.

Well, you can just start reading volume 3 :wink:
I think this club will eventually read it as well.

4 Likes

Since I finished the book a month ago, I already forgot so many of the details that I can’t really comment on the chapter. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Finally done! Just a few hours before the year ends… (where I am, anyway)

I was thinking… can’t believe this is going to end in such a reasonable and peaceful way…and then NOPE
I wasn’t sure how it was going to end in such a short amount of text, but I liked it, even if we don’t really know what happens next.

Will definitely be reading the other books eventually.

8 Likes