Start Date: Dec 12th
Previous Part: Week 6
Next Part: Week 8

Reading:

Week Start Date End Phrase End Page (角川文庫) End % Page Count
Week 7 Dec 12th 松虫鈴虫くつわ虫 (after song) 109 60% 20

Word lists - Learn the vocabulary for 雪国 - Snow Country :snowman::snowflake:

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter(s) and any content in future chapters.
  • When asking for help, please mention the chapter and page number. Also mention what version of the book you are reading.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun! :durtle:

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.
(Please feel free to update your status whenever you like!)

• I’m reading along
  • I have finished this part
  • I’m still reading the book but I haven’t reached this part yet
  • I am no longer reading the book

0 voters

Proper Noun Readings

Name Reading Notes Proof
島村 しまむら Our protagonist
葉子 ようこ The girl on the train Furigana
駒子 こまこ The girl in the village Furigana
1 Like

I‘m catching up right now. I re-read half of this week because I didn‘t quite remember where I stopped, and I noticed I forgot a lot :sweat_smile:
Maybe it‘s because of the kind of confusing dynamics between all the characters? Or simply because the writing style sometimes doesn‘t make things very clear, only mentioning some quite important details in a half sentence.

I still like the 雰囲気, and I like the fact that I now can connect this 雰囲気 to the novel 雪国 when someone is talking about it.

4 Likes

Does that happen often? :open_mouth:
I mean I know it’s a classic, but I don’t often talk about the Schimmelreiter or Effie Briest or Shakespeare is where this question comes from. ^^

2 Likes

I was considering writing „if someone were to talk about it“ actually :joy:
I think I have seen a few QuizKnock YouTube videos where it has been mentioned? Or maybe during a question of 東大王? But no, most people I ask actually say that they haven’t read it :frowning:

2 Likes