獣の奏者 chapter 8, part 8 discussion

Join the Intermediate Book Club here!

獣の奏者 Home Thread

Chapter 8, Part 8: 風雲、 王祖の来し方

Start Date: November 21st
Previous Week: Chapter 8, part 7
Next Week: Chapter 8, part 9

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter and any content in future chapters.
  • When asking for help, please mention the page number. If you are reading the ebook version mention the percentage.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun! :durtle:

Read Aloud

We will be reading on Sundays at 10:30PM Japan time (reading the previous week’s content). Here is the time in your local time zone:

2020-11-29T13:30:00Z

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.

• I’m reading along
  • I’m still reading the book but I haven’t reached this part yet
  • I’m no longer reading the book

0 voters

If you’ve read ahead (or read the book before) but plan to participate, please vote for “I’m reading along”.

This week’s chapter was a long one in regard to the last week we had.

This week spoiler

Imagine you take a bath then I giant wolf-bird just come to bother you.
We finally know what happened on the other side of the mountain. I guessed it but now everything makes sense. The puzzle is complete. ダミヤ for some reason wanted a war so he killed the Queen then tried to manipulate the New queen so he can start his war. I guess he loves war or just wants power. Maybe he just hates 公大. I know they did not give a name but I don’t see who else it could be.

Gonna be honest I was sure he was gonna come out of somewhere while clapping his hand and say: “You found my plan congrats but it’s too late.” Then an army just comes out of nowhere. “The queen was killed by イアル but before she died since I’m engaged to her she said I should rule in her place.” Then proceed to do an evil laugh. Then proceed to stab the queen. Then they would have escaped by flying away and finally the truth would have been revealed at the end just before the battle or something. Have I watched too many movies?

We just need to give ダミヤ to 公大 as a sacrifice and I will be happy. The queen and the guys from 公大 get married and start working together for a better future. Then エリン and イアル live together on a bee farm. Or… エリン become the supreme ruler of the world and proceed to forced people to obey her with an army of 王獣. She will be known as the supreme galactic empress. It’s one or the other.

2 Likes

Or something like that. :smile:

3 Likes

I can’t believe they finally told us what happened. I’ve read a bunch of chapters in a short while and I’m really enjoying it. Too bad reading in Japanese is still so tiring. Really curious about how this book will end.

And with this I’m caught up! Although I’m probably going to be super busy (again :fearful:) from Sunday until who-knows-when-but-definitely-next-year so I’ll try to finish what’s left before that.

5 Likes