獣の奏者 chapter 8, part 7 discussion

Join the Intermediate Book Club here!

獣の奏者 Home Thread

Chapter 8, Part 7: 風雲、 風の夜

Start Date: November 14th
Previous Week: Chapter 8, part 6
Next Week: Chapter 8, part 8

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter and any content in future chapters.
  • When asking for help, please mention the page number. If you are reading the ebook version mention the percentage.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun! :durtle:

Read Aloud

We will be reading on Sundays at 10:30PM Japan time (reading the previous week’s content). Here is the time in your local time zone:

2020-11-22T13:30:00Z

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.

• I’m reading along
  • I’m still reading the book but I haven’t reached this part yet
  • I’m no longer reading the book

0 voters

If you’ve read ahead (or read the book before) but plan to participate, please vote for “I’m reading along”.

1 Like

I kind of read ahead a bit last week and spend the time since then (Thursday I think) waiting for this thread!

Can we just talk about that pronoun change this chapter? I loved that! :smiley:

2 Likes

I noticed it but wasn’t sure what to make of it. How did you interpret it? Maybe that he went from talking to her as a soldier/protector to talking to her as an individual?

1 Like

I’m not first anymore :sob:

This chapter was kinda sad. I put some sad music in the background for a better effect. This chapter was hard to understand in the beginning but it was getting better after. The part where you see that イアル and エリン Had a nice path in front of them before they have been forced into another less fun lifestyle made it sad. They should just fly on the back of 王獣 and live together on a bee farm. I wonder how they can see the current queen. Maybe イアレ knows secret passways that are you use in an emergency situation? He did say エリン could do it so fly there? So much question and emotions. I liked this chapter.

2 Likes

I mostly took it as an indicator of emotional closeness. He felt comfortable enough to switch from the more formal 私.

I think there’s also a mental shift from soldier to individual here though, as you said. Before he was thinking and speaking as the head bodyguard. Now, he is commiting treason by action if not intention, and speaking of his own, personal opinions about the stately going ons and the shortcomings of the ヨジェ.

Sorry. :upside_down_face: I’m sure you can make it next time!

1 Like

|| doesn’t mark spoilers here. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

What, isn’t this discord. :see_no_evil:

Thanks, I fixed it. Hope I didn’t actually spoil anyone.

2 Likes