Volume 3 (Original Ed.): フルーツバスケット ・ Fruits Basket 🍏 🍇 🍑 🍒 🍐 🍊 🧺

Join the Beginner Book Club here!

フルーツバスケット ・ Fruits Basket :green_apple: :grapes: :peach: :cherries: :pear: :tangerine: :basket: Home Thread

Welcome to Volume 3 (Original Edition) of フルーツバスケット ・ Fruits Basket :green_apple: :grapes: :peach: :cherries: :pear: :tangerine: :basket:

Start Date: September 26th, 2020
Previous: Volume 1+2
Next: Volume 4

Reading Schedule

Start Date Chapter Pages (Original) Pages (Collector’s) Page Count
Sept 26th Chapter 13 3 - 34 (v3) 7 - 38 (v2) 32
Oct 3rd Chapter 14 35 - 64 (v3) 39 - 68 (v2) 30
Oct 10th Chapter 15 65 - 94 (v3) 69 - 98 (v2) 30
Oct 17th Chapter 16 95 - 126 (v3) 99 - 130 (v2) 32
Oct 24th Chapter 17 127 - 156 (v3) 131 - 160 (v2) 30
Oct 31st Chapter 18 157 - 187 (v3) 161 - 191 (v2) 31

Vocabulary List

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter(s) and any content in future chapters.
  • When asking for help, please mention the chapter and page number. Also mention what version of the book you are reading.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun! :durtle:

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.
(Please feel free to update your status whenever you like!)

• I’m reading along
  • I have finished this part
  • I’m still reading the book but I haven’t reached this part yet
  • I am no longer reading the book

0 voters

Even though I’m interested in the story, I will not continue to read. :confused: I prefer reading and spending money on other books at the moment.

But happy reading!

1 Like

I wasn’t sure if it would be continued or not since many seemed to jump off.
But I am happy to see we try at least! <3
I “only” own the full series and sequel, can just as well read it :wink:

It was my first Manga in English, so it will always have a special place in my heart :heart:

3 Likes

Read the chapter yesterday! I’m having a good time with this one for sure. <3

2 Likes

When we voted whether to continue or not, we still had 10 people who were interested. Now it seems to be down to 4 :cry:

But anyways, I already bought it up to vol. 6 (classic edition) so like you said, I might as well read it…

Maybe I’ll switch to one thread per volume instead of one thread per week if the participation remains so low.

1 Like

I found that worked well for the last couple of BBC offshoots - even if you have a relatively popular one the conversation inevitably dies down quite quickly as people have fewer questions and are more there just to enjoy the story.

You can always re-jig this thread itself.

2 Likes

I think we can probably make due with one per volume already, since we have such a low number left =)
As long as we get a new clicky box per chapter! It is weird how motivating that lill detail is, and also helps us see if someone is silently reading along <3

I’m also doing the original version. Should we check if people are doing collector or original?
Cause if most are doing original it would be better to name them by those volumes (Currently number 3 )
Unless we are scared of people wondering where the “missing volume 2” is? (can just be explained =P )

2 Likes

I haven’t been reading along because I had just read volumes 1 - 3 right before you started, but I planned on jumping in with volume 4, if you continued. I have the original version.

2 Likes

For now I’ll keep reading it, too. It isn’t high up on my priority list however,… which just means that I read it towards the end of the week and as extensively as I can. Also I’m just a bit quiet when it comes to forum usage at the moment. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Good point! I was hoping for a somewhat higher number of readers so I decided to go with the weekly thread for the time being. But I will switch this right now.

1 Like

As long as at least 1 other person is still reading, so will I =P
I’m in Chi’s Sweet Home with two people, one commenting and one mostly silent, but we are still going and will finish it! <3 (near end of volume 10 of 12 now)

1 Like

Welcome (again :sweat_smile:) to Chapter 13!

From now on, we will use this thread for all chapters because the number of readers is not (yet? :wink: ) very high.
Please feel free to ask questions regarding previous chapters at any point in time, but please make sure to add the chapter number to your question in order to avoid confusion :exploding_head:

Reading

Sept 26th Chapter 13 3 - 34 (v3) 7 - 38 (v2) 32

Participants

And of course, we have a participants’ poll :tada:

• I’m reading along

0 voters

Volume Numbering Scheme

As we are reading two different versions with different volume numbering schemes, following @Abstormal’s suggestion I think it makes sense to use the scheme that the majority uses. Therefore, please tell us what you’re reading:

• Collector’s Edition (currently Volume 2)
  • Original Edition (currently Volume 3)
  • Oops, did not mean to vote here :grin:

0 voters

If it turns out that most of us are reading the original version, I will change the numbering and also the grouping of chapters.

2 Likes

The “Oops” option made me laugh! It has it’s use too though, still found it amusing :grin:

2 Likes

Welcome to Chapter 14!

Reading:

Start Date Chapter Pages (old) Pages (Collector’s) Page Count
Oct 3rd Chapter 14 35 - 64 (v3) 39 - 68 (v2) 30

Participants

• I’m reading along

0 voters

Thanks everybody for the volume information! As the vast majority is reading the original edition, I will switch to their naming scheme and rename this thread (etc.pp.) over the weekend.

3 Likes

I just love the enthusiasm of her friends, skipping and running one whole step! (or actually failing without taking a full step :rofl: )
I would much rather just sit down and play cards, good choice :wink:
Running sucked, I was always dead last… -_-
I didn’t get diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue until adult, maybe I could have been exempt if I’d known =P
I love walking, hate running =)

3 Likes

Let’s dive into Chapter 15!

Reading:

Oct 10th Chapter 15 65 - 94 (v3) 69 - 98 (v2) 30

Participants

• I’m reading along

0 voters

Just realized I can change my vote, hah. Looks like we’re down to only 4 readers now, though. :open_mouth:

1 Like

Oh, that’s sad! What happened to @Abstormal?

2 Likes

I was here a day before the poll was added =P
Now I has clicked

3 Likes

Let’s dive into Chapter 16!

Reading:

Oct 17th Chapter 16 95 - 126 (v3) 99 - 130 (v2) 32

Participants

• I’m reading along

0 voters

1 Like