おじさまと猫 (Ojisama to Neko) Chapter 4 Discussion

Here is the Chapter 4 Discussion Thread!

We have a vocab sheet .

Shoutout to @Sarabrina for starting this book club and @frayderike for starting us off with such a lovely vocab sheet.

Original Club Thread

Chapter 1 Thread

Chapter 2 Thread

Chapter 3 Thread

Chapters 5 & 6 Discussion Thread

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.

• I’m reading along
  • I’m still reading but I haven’t reached this part yet
  • I have already finished this part
  • I’m no longer reading this book

0 voters

5 Likes

Haha, I love the first page of this chapter, overloaded おじさま and enthusiastic clerk.

And then her すみません face on the next page… :laughing:

4 Likes

I loved the change in font when the clerk was like ‘oops :sweat_smile:
so strange how a font can illicit so much feeling

2 Likes

The first page of this chapter seems to have as much text as all the previous chapters combined… :sweat_smile: The clerk was super cute though and Fukumaru was being a classical cat by choosing the regular box. :cat2:

1 Like

My favorite part of this chapter! :laughing:

1 Like

@CDR-Strawberry Just a suggestion: in other book clubs with each new thread the participation status is being asked in the first post to see who’s still reading, who’s behind etc. Like this:

• I’m reading along
  • I’m still reading but I haven’t reached this part yet
  • I have already finished this part
  • I’m no longer reading this book

0 voters

I think it’s always interesting to see who’s still reading along. (And we all love polls don’t we?)

4 Likes

Ugh, Discourse flipping things. What is the character in the top right speech bubble? It looks like a て to me but with horns…

Thank you! I’ll start adding that to each thread and go back and retroactively add copycat polls to the previous chapters. This is the first book club I’ve joined, so please feel free to make more suggestions!

That’s another way to write そ!

2 Likes

It’s a そ. そうか

2 Likes

Just adding on to everyone else, here’s an image showing the two common looks for そ:

(Source.)

Since I originally learned the latter (mid to late 1990’s; didn’t have access to all these modern computer fonts), it took me a while to get used to the former way back when.

2 Likes