ゆるキャン△ Vol. 3 🏕

Volume 3 Discussion Thread

Start Date: 5th September
Previous: Volume 2
Following: Volume 4

ゆるキャン△ Home Thread

Vocabulary List

Please read the editing guidelines in the first sheet before adding any words!

Reading Schedule

Start Date             Chapter                                                        Page Numbers   Page Count
September 5th 14 - みのぶカリブーまんじゅううまい 3 - 32 30
September 12th 15 - カゼ引きとー人旅 33 - 62 30
September 19th 16 - おすすめ!なでしこナビ 63 - 92 30
September 26th 17 - 早太郎と湯けむり駒々根の夜 93 - 122 30
October 3rd 18 - ヤマノウエ 123 - 152 30
October 10th 番外編 - へやキャン△ 153 - 176 24

Participants

Volume 3 Participants

There will be participation polls throughout this discussion thread as we reach each chapter :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

Hmm. My local Kinokuniya is out, and won’t let me place any orders right now 'cos plague.

1 Like

Shoulda voted 26th :stuck_out_tongue: but in all seriousness I hope you can find it in time.

Well, worst comes to worst, I figure I can always find coughcough alternate means. Before then, there’s a Japanese second-hand bookshop nearby that might be worth checking, though I don’t entirely know if I have much hope for it.

5 Likes

Oh boy. Volume 3 has been replenished at Kinokuniya just in time. I know what I’m doing tomorrow.

4 Likes

I was about to make a post, but I see we have a one week break, then?
That vaguely rings a bell.

2 Likes

How will we survive without yuru

6 Likes

Kinokuniya had 3 and 5, which I snapped up (so now I’ve got all of 1-5), and also 9 and 10, which I was sorely tempted by, especially since they’re not out in English yet, but I decided to hold off on those.

3 Likes

My local Kinokuniya says they can order from the publisher but they have to get in touch with them first so I’m just waiting here like ???

Hopefully I’ll get it in time, otherwise uhh… well, cross that bridge when I get to it lmao.

All that said, fall is starting! I may bug the housemates to get a camping trip going, since it’s a pretty safe activity given the state of things.

I was considering getting the small folding grill that Rin bought in Vol. 2, but I was concerned with the cleanup. It looks really tempting as an impulse buy…

Also, I looked up ゆるキャン volumes on Amazon but uhhh…

Summary

3 Likes

Ooooo I just realized this is starting soon! :tada: I was wondering why there were so few posts. I read a few pages on my lunch break, but I’ll hold off on the rest until the weekend. Loved all your detailed location posts in the thread for volume 2, @Belthazar!

Edit: Sorry, didn’t mean to reply to you, @mintyfresh. :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED REGARDLESS

hi

In other news, RIP doesn’t look like Kinokuniya ever got to ordering my YK books.

3 Likes

This time, it’s for real

14 - みのぶカリブーまんじゅううまい

Start date: September 5th

• I’m reading along :books:
  • I’m taking my time :camping:
  • I’m dropping out :no_good_man: :no_good_woman:

0 voters

@Radish8 The first post isn’t a wiki, I cannot add the link :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I know I was hoping I’d get my regular status back in time and nobody would ever realise :scream:

@Mods - would you mind making the OP of this thread a wiki, please?

2 Likes

The OP is now a wiki as requested.

4 Likes

Thanks! All is well now.

Until the next book.

3 Likes

はやい!

Thank you :blush:

@Naphthalene - I’m working on it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

What time zone do you live in?

1 Like

yay new volume! I’ll probably contain my excitement and read it tomorrow though…

1 Like

I post any time after the day has started UTC+14, but I usually wait for UTC+12 or UTC+11.

3L of beer per day. She said she doesn’t have a problem, but…

Also, ぱたぱた. That is all.

3 Likes