ふらいんぐうぃっち Vol. 5 🧹

Volume 5 Discussion Thread

Start Date: 27th June
Previous: Volume 4
Following: Volume 6

ふらいんぐうぃっち Home Thread

Vocabulary List

Please read the editing guidelines in the first sheet before adding any words!

Reading Schedule

Start Date   Chapter                                                      Page Numbers   Page Count
June 27th 25 - 障子に猫あり蝶蝶あり 3 - 24 21
July 4th 26 - 雨の降る日は機嫌が悪い 25 - 50 25
July 11th 27 - タイがエビを釣る 53 - 78 25
July 18th 28 - 一口物に喉が鳴く 79 - 105 26
July 25th 29 - 飛ぶ水たまり 107 - 134 27
August 1st 30 - 裏庭の魔法使い 137 - 163 26

Participants

There will be participation polls throughout this discussion thread as we reach each chapter :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Does the story develop in this series or is it just layers of chill?

It’s mostly just chill. Stuff does develop a bit, but there’s no over-arching plot being followed.

4 Likes

Received volumes 1-5 today. Gonna catch up!

7 Likes

A volume a day! :wink: you really are on a reading rampage.

4 Likes

Interesting challenge image

2 Likes

I’m joining a bunch of clubs this summer to make myself read more!

5 Likes

It’s a great chill slice of life manga. Imo the volumes do gradually get better, too.

5 Likes

Book 1 done!

7 Likes

I saw :joy:

2 Likes

Whoa! That’s impressive.

2 Likes

Book 2 down!

10 Likes

5 volumes in 5 days sounds pretty doable if you read it like you read English (whether you understand everything or not doesn’t matter, as long as you understand what you do, and don’t stop for what you don’t).

4 Likes

The vocab list actually made looking up a word here and there pretty fluid. I have found this series surprisingly easy, though

6 Likes

I totally forgot about the vocab list. Yeah, it sure does make the experience better.

4 Likes

I personally think it’s the easiest we’ve tackled (I found Yotsuba&! quite hard when I was starting out and found this for myself instead, but I acknowledge that many people think Yotsuba&! is super duper for beginners).

5 Likes

I feel like Flying Witch is easier but has a higher entry level. Maybe that doesn’t make sense image 251446983644938240

Book 3 finished shortly before midnight!

7 Likes

I can’t speak for some of the earlier reads, and I’ve only read volumes 1 & 5, but Flying Witch is easier for me. I gave up on Yotsuba and found FW far easier than I’m finding Fruits Basket (TBH, I’m struggling with it and considering giving up because I’d rather have more fun in my reading time). Laid back Camp was more difficult for my level in terms of no furigana and lots of camping vocab, but I think I was probably more invested because I loved the anime so much.

5 Likes

I’ve been an avid reader all my life and look forward to the day when I can consume native media at your kind of speed. One of the things I love most about book clubs is having all of the gold circle crew along to inspire us to greater heights.

3 Likes

Volume 5 starting today! :sparkles:
Are we all reading the ebook version, or are there people still waiting for their hardcopies to arrive?

Chapter 25: 障子に猫あり蝶蝶あり

2020-06-26T15:00:00Z

• I’m reading along
  • I’ll catch up later (or soon)
  • I’m dropping out

0 voters

4 Likes