May 1st Daily Reading ブラックジャックによろしく Manga

D.

(I’ll do D)

Transcription:

点滴の成分なんてそんなもんだし注射料も入れると一本千円以上するからな…

患者は一割負担だから100円しか払わないけど…

...about transcription

talking about reading guessing… I didn’t remember 成分; but I know 成田 (なりた, a place near the capital, where the international airport has been built) and 平成 (へいせい, the previous Era, 1989-2019); as it sould be an ON-reading I tried “seifun”, wrong, then “seibu”, right

点滴(てんてき), 一本(いっぽん), 千円(せんえん), 以上(いじょう), 入れる(いれる), 患者(かんじゃ), 円(えん) I could type them all, either they are in my known vocabulary or still fresh in memory from newly learned ones.

注射(ちゅうしゃ), 料(りょう) and 払う(はらう) are words that came recently in the history; but visibly I had forgotten them…so I had to search them (through the components matrix) as well as 割, 負 and 担.

Interpretations:

点滴の成分なんてそんなもんだし注射料も入れると一本千円以上するからな…

The composition of IV drops, that's how it is! Because when including the price of injection it sums more than 1000JPN per bottle

(I’m trying the decomposition; bur for some particles I find it easier to just copy it than trying to find something in English)

点滴の成分なんてそんなもんだし
IV drip [の] ingredients / what? / that sort of / thing / is / し

注射料も入れると一本千円以上するからな…
injection / cost [also] to put in [when] / one-(cylindric thing) / 1000 / yen / up and above / does / [because][な]

• 成分 : ingredients, composition
  • そんなもんだ = そんなものだ, “is (a) thing like that”; it seems to be also an expression like “that’s how it is!”, “c’est la vie!”
  • し : at end of phrase, gives a reason
  • 注射料 : cost (料) of injection 注射
  • 一本 : one (cylindric thing); so one IV bottle here
  • 以上 : from some limit and above.

患者は一割負担だから100円しか払わないけど…

However, the patient only pays 100JPN, as he suports a tenth of the costs

患者は一割負担だから100円しか払わないけど…
patient [topic] one-10th / supporting the cost / is / because / 100 / yen / only / not paying / however

• 一割 : one tenth; 割 (わり) is a counter for the 10th part of something.
  • 負担 (ふたん) : responsability, burden (particularly, in this case, the burden of supporting the cost of something)
  • しか + negative verb : only + possitive verb ; 100円しか払わない = to pay only 100 yen
1 Like