ふらいんぐうぃっち Vol. 2 | Chapter 12 🧹

Chapter 12: 春の山

Start Date: 21st March
Last Week: Chapter 11
Following: Volume 3

ふらいんぐうぃっち Home Thread

Vocabulary List

Please read the editing guidelines in the first sheet before adding any words!

Discussion Guidelines

• Please blur out major events in the current week’s pages, and any content from later in the book/series, like this: [spoiler]texthere[/spoiler]

• When asking for help, please mention the page number (or % for eBooks).

• To you lurkers out there: join the conversation, it’s fun!

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll:

• I’m reading along
  • I’m still reading but haven’t reached this part yet

0 voters

If you’ve read it before but will join in the discussion (or have read ahead), please select “I’m reading along”!

5 Likes

The end was so cute now I do feel like I want to keep reading. :joy: What to dooo~

9 Likes

Thanks for organizing this book club, I really enjoyed reading this manga! And I found it easier the further along we got (fewer dictionary lookups).

Looking forward to the next one in the series! :sparkles:

9 Likes

Aww, poor bear, running away in the last panel…

The expressiveness of the animals really made this one.

4 Likes

Ohh, 穴場 being used in context, page 144. I seem to recall there being a thread around here somewhere about the regional uses of “hole in the wall”. But there’s no walls here for this to be a hole in.

6 Likes

Any help for us e-readers on the furigana for GW on page 137?

COVID-19 Avoidance Tip #657

11 Likes

My e-reader shows this as ゴールデンウィーク , which of course makes perfect sense :upside_down_face:

9 Likes

Dunno why, but I just remembered all those times I’ve found my mate’s cats chilling in the toilet bowl :sweat:

2 Likes

I just finished, yay. It’s a fun manga and I love poor Chito’s facial expressions. :laughing:
I’m looking forward to the next volume. The thread’s are probably getting even quieter, but it feels nice and motivational knowing other people read the same chapter at the same time.

5 Likes

I finally caught up with you guys, just in time for the last chapter :sweat_smile:. All in all, I really enjoyed this volume, and I’ll be looking forward to reading the next one with you guys, this time from the beginning (even though my copy will probably be arriving late, if it even gets here since we are all in quarantine and the borders are closed :unamused:)

11 Likes

All done. It was fine, but I won’t be reading any more.

5 Likes

Done! Will be joining for book 3!

8 Likes

p152 (I think) --「なおにも見せてみあいつもカエル好きだから」
“I also want to show it to Nao, [then I’ll come back?] because she also likes [frogs]”?

Edit: 9b8e759aaa

oh

2 Likes

見せてみ is using the casual version of “Verb-てみる”, which is used to say “try to do (verb)”. In the casual version you can drop the る and it sounds like a soft order/suggestion. From BunPro:

5 Likes

Been reading this series lately, and I just had to comment for this chapter. The background art is just gorgeous. I’ve noticed before that it is pretty high quality, loads of time spent on it (probably!), but this chapter really showcased that and I remembered to slow down and look at the art more.

Such a nice slice of life with gorgeous art. :heart:

7 Likes
Yeah, nice to see an illustration of 穴場

1 Like