🐱 にゃんにゃん探偵団 🕵️‍♀ Kitty Detectives 2 Home Thread!

I would suggest, especially with the recently adjusted pace, that it would be appropriate as an ABBC entry.

1 Like

Oh yes, of course. After all the first volume is in the ABBC. I was just wondering where exactly on the list.

Sorry, misunderstood slightly :no_mouth:.

I think it would be tidier as an upcoming; linear rather than branching.

1 Like

Nice one, I’ll add it now!

2 Likes

In light of my earlier post that reading p6 was easy, I must confess that I got a word on p8 that took over an hour to figure out - good thing I started early!! It was frustrating during the search, but I was elated when I got it sussed. :thinking::mag_right::partying_face:

2 Likes

A little introduction to the characters from the book :blush: taken from the book’s character page. Always easier to read something if you aren’t getting tripped up by names!

People who appear in this book

この本に でてくる 人たち

はなえ-さん
This book’s heroine. The proprietress of a picture-book store who loves sleuthing.

カポネ
A cat who became Hanae’s. Unfriendly and loves naps.

エミ-さん
Hanae’s friend. Loves flowers.

エミ-さんのむすこ
Emi’s sons. The elder brother (おにいちゃん) does baseball while the younger brother (おとうと) does soccer.

画家 - painter
Runs a painting classroom.

秋田-さん (あきた)
A jeweller. Says that he was tricked and some jewels were stolen from him.

徳島-さん (とくしま), 松山-さん (まつやま) and サファイヤ高松-さん (たかまつ)
Jewel collectors.

黒星-けいぶ (Police Inspector くろぼし)
Inspector of the Metropolitan Police Department. Drags Hanae into cases. His face is just like a Pomeranian.

ミミッチーマウス
The phantom thief. It is said that they only steal from bad people.

13 Likes

Thank you for the character list. :smiley_cat:

I think my copy will arrive by Friday so I will be able to look at it in then, but I wanted to mention that the Amazon JP link does not work for previewing the book for me. It shows me the cover but there is not option to “look inside.” (Luckily, the preview at BookWalker works.)

1 Like

Oh, how odd :thinking: if you just click on the cover, you can’t then scroll down?

Regardless, glad your book is arriving soon ^^

It doesn’t even let me click on the cover. I can view it larger if I click “see this image”, but there is definitely no preview. :woman_shrugging:t4:

I was saving this until closer to the start date, but in light of Radish8’s post above…

And if you’re new to reading books, don’t panic - this page is way more vocab dense than the regular pages!

12 Likes

Oooo! I love visuals. どうもありがとうございました。:bowing_woman:t2:

1 Like

I’m halfway through the first one! I hope I’ll be able to finish that one on time so that I can join this time around!

1 Like

So you can’t see this when you follow the Amazon link in the OP?

2 Likes

Nope.

But… I realized I had stayed logged in all this time. I tried logging out, and then it gave me the option to look inside. :woman_shrugging:t4:

2 Likes

Looks like the link was forcing you away from the correct version of the product / site or something. Anyway, glad it was resolved.

@Rowena SO PRETTY!

1 Like

I’m doing this as my study notes so I don’t mark up the actual book - if others find it useful, I can post JPEGs of the pages at the beginning of each week of reading (or even the day before if it helps participation in the discussion). I’ve found it a lot easier than switching back and forth between my book and a Google vocab chart (what can I say, I’m old, half blind and should have bought multifocals a few years back :nerd_face:).

7 Likes

Most likely, it is because that kindle book isn’t available at whatever region/address you have put in, so it doesn’t even show the kindle version (when logged in) and it was the kindle version that had the look inside feature. @Radish8

1 Like

Inspired by Radish8’s enthusiasm, and his character introduction post, and Rowena’s amazing colourful vocab list - I’ve decided I have to join this club (sorry! lol!).

Plus, of course, the one we did for the other book in this series was such fun! Sadly, I have less time these days, and so doubt as I’ll be as active now as I was then - but I’ll do my best!

Thankfully it doesn’t start till October 21st so I have over a month to get cracking on a bit of pre-reading! Thank you @Radish8 for organising this! Nice one!

5 Likes

If you already make them for yourself, I would love to have them shared! It looks wonderful! <3
My books are holy, I make no mark in them either. Have been tempted to put post its, but ended up using a separate book for notes, which is a hassle!

2 Likes

As are mine! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

13 Likes