[Userscript] WaniKani Rename SRS Stages

:warning: This is a third-party script/app and is not created by the WaniKani team. By using this, you understand that it can stop working at any time or be discontinued indefinitely.

This allows you to customize the names of the SRS stages that are displayed on your dashboard and other WaniKani pages:

Two scripts are required to be installed:

The Main Script
AND
The Companion Script

(The Companion script is a modified version of @seanblue’s “Show Specific SRS Levels in Reviews” script with added support for the customized SRS stage names. So, if you want to run this Rename SRS Stages package, you’ll need to disable that script.)

After you install the scripts and reload WaniKani, there will be a new set of items in your TamperMonkey or other script manager menu:

SRS%20menu%201

Select an SRS stage from this menu to rename it:

app%20dialog
beg%20menu

You can rename all the stages in this way:

SRS%20menu%203

Your custom SRS names will be used across the WaniKani website, except in places like FAQs, forum posts, etc.

Other userscripts that display the SRS-stage names can easily access these custom names from localStorage if they want, but code would need to be added to those scripts in order to support that.

If you have the companion script installed, the custom SRS names will also be used in the review session popups:

akarui%20up

If the “Show Sub-Stages during Reviews” option is enabled, the “Apprentice” and “Guru” sub-levels will also be indicated:

srs%20menu%204
beg4%20up

And… I guess that’s about it. Have fun!

10 Likes

You should change the string for eventPrefix. :slight_smile:

lol ok, will do! Thanks :slight_smile:

No worries. I meant to mention that before but I kept forgetting. :sweat_smile:

Thanks so much for this! How can I change the background color of the levels, i.e. “burned” from black to yellow?

That’s the Golden Burn script!

1 Like

Okay, so far so good. cc @Whologist Sooner or later I will who them all! Who! Who! Who! Who パワー

I just can’t get "Show Sub-Stages during Reviews to work :cry: I had to scroll down to reach that option, but it still didn’t work. Minutes later, I know how to make it work, I have to disable @SeanBlue 's Show Specific SRS Level in Review from Userscript Dashboard.

I had to use my second account to test it

2 Likes

You know, you don’t have to tag me every time you talk about me. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Okay, next time I won’t.

2 Likes

:eyes:

7 Likes

Feature request: Let @Whologist replace all the SRS levels with Mafumafu gifs.

3 Likes

No! Feature Request: Let me replace all SRS levels with Who gifs. Oh shit I tagged you again.

3 Likes

:eyes:

7 Likes

Replying to me or tagging me when you’re responding to me is fine. :joy: I just didn’t want to be tagged every time you mentioned one of my scripts haha.

1 Like

ありがとうございました!!:raised_hands:

This might be interesting in lieu of the SRS system changes. If you don’t know, WK is getting rid of the categories…

Perfect

6 Likes