[2024] 多読/extensive reading challenge

So, my keikaku can possibly shatter after all :upside_down_face:
5th volume of HameFura finally bored me, and when I set my goal I assumed that this series will be my quick quantity reading and I don’t really have any other good replacement.
I still think I’ll come back to it, but I need a break and this break may not end this year.
And I don’t want to force it by searching for something which only value would be “quick”. I’ll just switch to things that are interesting, but may take me longer, even if I don’t make my goal this way.
And anyway, even easy book isn’t quick if you are bored and get distracted all the time :wink:

As about 5th HameFura itself.
So, I complained about slow pacing last time. And this volume is all about short stories which happen during the previous volumes timeline.
And they contain some new info, some new insights or a new perspectives, just… it all feels awfully stretched out. It’s all recap with some new bits. It would be okay as a bonus story at the end of normal volume, but when it’s a whole volume… It felt like recap anime epidoes.
And maybe it wouldn’t be bothering me that much if the pace was fine previously. But since even earlier I had a feeling that author is afraid of breaking a comfortable status quo and even if characters are growing up, nothing really changes within their relationships… it was especially tiring.
I wonder how it would feel not-in-Japanese. It would go quicker, certainly, but on the other hand I wouldn’t have an added bonus of “yay! I’m reading in Japanese!” :thinking:

7 Likes