[2024] 多読/extensive reading challenge

3 days later, and I’m done with volume 4… I guess I’m going to run out quickly (there are only 9 books published so far, the last one came out a couple of weeks ago).
More attempts at world building, this time! In the last volume, カタリナ (the protagonist, I don’t know if I ever mentioned her name) used her 100 in charisma to seduce (without noticing, as usual) the guy who kidnaped her, and convince him to travel with her around the world. This volume’s cover: her wearing an adventurer’s outfit and him bend under a massive backpack (and also カタリナ’s fiance, who’s not going to leave them alone).
So, we end up traveling. And the naming (or lack thereof) is quite disappointing. We have “the first town”, “the large town”, “the country-side town” and finally a named town: Noire, which is supposedly very dangerous. Of course, it is their final destination.
Anyway, this time we have some action as well, and an actually horrifying enemy. Still, カタリナ’s group is massively overpowered, so they basically just steamroll everything that comes in their way. Thanks to her past memories, カタリナ compares that to a bunch of level 99 taking a stroll through a level 1 area. It was satisfying. The “last boss” is still above their level, though, and manages to escape, most definitely coming back in a future episode (probably even the next one? Or maybe we will get something more light hearted?)
In other news, カタリナ received more confessions (and kisses) and has no idea what to do about that situation. Can’t blame her, actually.

7 Likes