[2024] 多読/extensive reading challenge

Finished volume 4. It was nice to get a new character who isn’t somehow a potential love interest of the main character.
Reading itself was weird. I finished most of the main story (180/210 pages) in one sitting. Then read the remaining 30 pages to be met with an unexpectedly early epilogue. It turns out that the last ~100 pages of the book were short stories. I somehow read a couple sentences of the first story, noticed it happened in the past (a few days before Bell’s level up) and just put the book down. Somehow, things that happened in the past do not really catch my interest in general… after all, it already happened, so it’s not going to have any impact on the main story. So, despite an early rush, it still took me almost one week overall to slog through the book overall. The stories were okay in the end, it’s just that they felt like a distraction from what is otherwise happening. I wish they had put them in order, though I realize that it would have made the editing a bit messy. :thinking:

7 Likes