Absolute Beginners Book Club // Now Reading: Granny Girl Hinata chan!

あしょんでよッ ~うちの犬ログ~ (Let’s Plaaay - Our Dog, Log)

Dog

Summary

Originally a series of short comics about observing everyday life with a dog that was originally published on pixiv. It was later put together into a full manga series.

Availability

Amazon (ebook and paperback)
Bookwalker (ebook)

Personal Opinion

I won’t be able to host this, so we’ll need a volunteer if this gets picked. But I saw a review on Natively, and from how accessible this manga is, it sounds like it would be a good fit for this club’s level. If you’re a dog lover, own a dog, are away from your dog, miss your dog dearly, love animals, or enjoy looking at cute pictures of animals being silly, then this would be a perfect feel good manga for you.

Pros and Cons for the Book Club

Pros

• Not text heavy at all with only 153 pages so it’s a good pick after a more challenging read and can be read at a faster pace
  • Full furigana available
  • 10 volumes available and the set is currently on sale for 20% on Bookwalker until 03/31 if you see yourself wanting more cute doggie goodness.

Cons

• Since the text is pretty limited it’s not really the best for learning per say.
  • There doesn’t seem to be a true plot that drives the story - mostly slice of life interaction between guy and his dog, so their might not be much to discuss beyond the cuteness of the dog.
  • The dog is the center point of interest in the manga so if you’re not very fond of dogs then this might not be interesting to you. :slightly_frowning_face:

Pictures

First Three Pages of Chapter One

Additional Pages

Difficulty Poll

How much effort would you need to read this book?

• No effort at all
  • Minimal effort
  • Just right
  • Challenging
  • Impossible, even with everyone’s help
  • I don’t know (please click this if you’re not voting seriously)

0 voters

Edit: Forgot to mention that if you live in Japan and have downloaded Line Manga app, you can read the first 64 chapters for free (the first 2, anytime, and the remaining chapters you’re limited to accessing a chapter a day for free).

10 Likes