[Userscript] WaniKani Dashboard SRS and Leech Breakdown

:warning: This is a third-party script/app and is not created by the WaniKani team. By using this, you understand that it can stop working at any time or be discontinued indefinitely.

What is it?

This script updates the dashboard to display SRS breakdown and leech information. It is a replacement of most of the functionality in this no-longer-supported script. It uses the same leech formula as the one from that script, which is also the same formula used in the Leech Training filter.

Before:

After:

How to Install?

1. As always, make sure you have a script manager installed. If you don’t, follow these instructions.
  2. This script depends on the WaniKani Open Framework. Make sure you have that installed by following these instructions.
  3. Get the script here: WaniKani Dashboard SRS and Leech Breakdown

Planned Features

• I’m planning to update the script to allow you to specify your leech threshold in a setting, just like you can in the Leech Training filter in Additional Filters.

Support

• This script has only been tested in Chrome using Tampermonkey, but will likely work in Firefox as well.
  • Please post any bugs/requests and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.

Revision History

1.0.0 - Initial release.

57 Likes

cc @Ryouki

P.S. Please don’t shame me for all my leeches!

3 Likes

Thank you very much :3
Also, can confirm works in firefox with tampermonkey.

1 Like

I’m too scared to see mine. Would probably cause an overflow on the script.

Wanna post it to make me feel better? :slight_smile:

1 Like

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

2 Likes

Before

After

Neat! Thank you! I’ve just added it to The New and Improved List of API and Third Party Apps.

2 Likes

Thank you restoring these scripts, @seanblue. I really like having that list of leeches on my dashboard. I find it useful to look at it from time to time.

I confirm this is working in Safari browser with Tampermonkey.

Well, for the record I didn’t add the list of leeches back. I personally never used that feature and didn’t want to spend the time to add it back in. Sorry about that. Hopefully you can still get value from the rest of the script.

Works along side my SRS Grid script? I would have thought they would fight each other.

1 Like

Yay for happy coincidences!

(I mostly copied the original script’s styles anyway. I wonder if hitechbunny specifically tested it. :thinking:)

I am referring to that “worst leeches list” at the bottom of the screenshot. Is this not due to your script?

Originally, hitechbunny had this feature. I deleted the script after his server became inaccessible. Then I installed your script and it has reappeared.

dashboard

No, I’m not adding that to the page. Is it possible you still have a version of the old script installed?

This doesn’t look right. Even when I turn off the other Leech scripts this still happens. I’m using Firefox and Tampermonkey.
Ignore the review count. I’ve been very busy the past few days. @.@

EDIT:
Figured it out. Incompatible with WaniKani SRS Level Progress script. Oops.

Which script are you referring to? The SRS Level Progress script I know of is the unsupported one this script is meant to replace. If that’s the one you’re talking about, you should turn that one off since it doesn’t work.

@seanblue

3 Likes

I have, to my best ability, recreated some of this functionality, here. I’m still working on the finessing of how its displayed.

1 Like

I installed it and it works very well. I have a question though, how does it determine what item are leeches and what aren’t? Thanks!

It’s based on this formula:

incorrect / Math.pow((currentStreak || 0.5), 1.5) > 1

I just copied it from the old script, but it works well enough. I plan to make the 1 configurable. If you make it higher, it’ll say you have fewer leeches.

@seanblue any plans for the leech report you can click through to like hitechbunny’s? I love that feature and it would be a huge help. Currently I could pull a list myself outside of WK through Python or Java, but since I don’t know JS… :confused:

Thanks!