[UserScript] WaniKani Stealth Mode

:warning: This is a third-party script/app and is not created by the WaniKani team. By using this, you understand that it can stop working at any time or be discontinued indefinitely.

Hi all! I’m an “on-again-off-again” WaniKan-er. For the past two months though, I’ve been very much “on”!

I noticed that if I’m trying to sneak in some reviews whilst at work, WaniKani is a bit eye catching to the passer-by with its beautiful bright colours. I’ve got lots of UserScripts installed, so I know how useful they can be. However, I couldn’t find a “SFW” theme for WaniKani that I was happy with - so I made my own. Stealth Mode desaturates the site’s colours, and makes the lesson/review screens more grey.

You can download the script here (screenshots here too):

and find the source here:
https://github.com/saxoncameron/WaniKani-Stealth-Mode

If you have any issues, suggestions, or feedback, they’d be most welcome. Thanks!

13 Likes

Sweet! I can’t wait to try this when I get home. Thank you so much.

sorry to revive this topic, but i just had to say that this theme is really beautiful. installed it and am seriously in love. it’s so subtle and easy on the eyes. love love love! very much recommend to everyone!

Hey
Thanks for making this script, I think it would be very useful but unfortunately I couldn’t make it work. It gets stuck on loading the reviews unless I do ‘empty caches’. Then it works until the next review.
I’m using Safari & MacOS Mojave.
thanks

Hi … I’ve been using this script (thanks!), and it’s been mostly ok (except it has loading problems sometimes so I have to close the tab and open a new one … but that’s fine) …

With the new header design, however, I notice it’s blocking the search box. Are you able to modify?

Hi, I tried to use this one but it loads neither lessons nor reviews

If it’s not loading at all it might be because the URL doesn’t match https://www.wanikani.com/*

I really wanted this script to work, but sadly when I try to start a review session it says the Double Check script failed to load and won’t let me go any further until I turned on Stealth Mode.

I normally use the Dark Mode extension for Safari on WK forums, but didn’t like what it did to Dashboard and Reviews. Dark Mode just got an update that added “dark curtain” and “mono mode” which turns any site or page you apply it to to greyscale. So much easier on the eyes.

r/unethicallifeprotips

/s

Thanks, I’m not sure where to make the change, but I have decided to use the userscript “WaniKani Breeze Dark”

1 Like