Beginner Japanese Book Club // Now Reading: 気になってる人が男じゃなかった // Next 葬送のフリーレン, then ウスズミの果て

I would like to join from the next book :slight_smile:

I’m planning to join the club once I get to around level 10. Looks fun (^O^)

We should probably run the poll for what to read next soon. People haven’t posted anything new lately, and we’re already probably going to have to take a break between books to give people time to get things shipped.

4 Likes

That’s true. We have 3 weeks until よつばと ends, so we should probably get a poll running soon. If people want an idea of what books we’re looking at next, there’s a really good section @Kumirei added the bottom of the first post!

We already have enough recommended books/manga. Give me 10 minutes and the poll for the 2nd book will be up :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I believe there was already enough time to vote on the poll related to the number of votes/user. Taking it into consideration, we shall now start the poll that will decide which book/manga we will be reading next :slight_smile:

Please vote on whichever books/manga you would like to read as our next book/manga. Vote as many times as you wish :slight_smile:

A brief description and a Store’s link for every option are available on the Proposed Books’ section of this thread.

• しろくまカフェ (Manga)
  • 干物妹! うまるちゃん - Himouto! Umaruchan (Manga)
  • ダース・ヴェイダーとプリンセス・レイア (Manga)
  • 徒然チルドレン - Tsuredure Children (Manga)
  • よつばと!- Volume 2 (Manga)
  • チーズスイートホーム (Manga)
  • ヒカルの碁 (Manga)
  • ホリミヤ (Manga)
  • Barレモン・ハート (Manga)
  • メアリと魔女の花 - Mary and the Witch’s Flower (Book)
  • マジック・ツリーハウス 第1巻恐竜の谷の大冒険 (Book)
  • 魔女の宅急便 - Kiki’s Delivery Service (Book)
  • こわくてたのしいおばけの話90 (Book)
  • 絶叫学級 - Scary Lessons (Book)
  • 時をかける少女 (Book)
  • キッチン - Kitchen (Book)

0 voters

2 Likes

Yay! Voting is up! =D
I hope a book might win this time, though currently Yotsuba 2 is in the lead but only by one vote at the moment.
I had big hopes for Scary Lessons, cause of the ones I have that one seems easiest and possibly most interesting from sampling first page. But Kiki seems fairly close, and currently in second place, so I guess realistically I could hope for Kiki =P

2 Likes

@dcsmith926 your vote is definitely making the difference :smile:

2 Likes

lol I was just curiously testing how it would work :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m going to vote for real after reviewing the choices more.

Incidentally, I still haven’t received my order of よつばと yet :frowning: – I’m going to have to order the next one as soon as the voting closes!

2 Likes

I’m not voting, but if something I’d like to read comes up in the list, I’m sure I’d like to join to read along with this club as well.

3 Likes

It arrived last night! (I got vol 2 as well so I’ll be all set if that’s what is chosen, although I’ll probably vote for something different, to keep things diverse)

2 Likes

At least you can now catch up with 1st book :wink:

Does the kanji in Kiki have furigana? If so, I might get a copy regardless of the outcome of the vote! Thanks Toyger and Answa!

Some, yeah. I can get you a picture of the typical page when I get home

1 Like

The amazon page has a look inside feature. I didn’t see any furigana on those pages.

1 Like

I think it depends on the edition. I’ve heard Kiki recommended because all Kanji is low level and because of the furigana. But I know my version doesn’t have it. Which is fine, it’s good practice to me!

I ordered this one because of the cover!

4 Likes

Less than I remembered…
I guess that is why I was thinking of doing the scary stories first, they do have furigana on everything! And it sounds very interesting and good for what I hear from those who have done it.

The girl who leapt through time also have furigana :slight_smile:

IMG_2936

魔女の宅急便 - Kiki:

時をかける少女 - Girl Who leapt through time:

絶叫学級 - Scary Stories:

Your version is prettier than mine. I have a big red border and a much more simple art style with no shading.

3 Likes

@Abstormal Can you show a picture of the cover too? So people know which edition has furigana. :slight_smile:

Haha I agree but I’m also super jealous of your furigana! It looks like it’s only on harder kanji, which means it’s kind of helping you by not showing the furigana for things like 町.

Uploading the photos via phone and edit via computer =P
Added title and sorted a bit =)

Skimming through it does seem most of the kanji used are those we see in the first few levels of wanikani, I see some I have already learned by level 19 with furigana. Cat and laugh had furigana O_o
So guess it shouldn’t be a problem :wink:

1 Like