Beginner Japanese Book Club // Now Reading: 気になってる人が男じゃなかった // Next 葬送のフリーレン, then ウスズミの果て

Dragonball (The Complete Edition) 1 / ドラゴンボール 完全版 1

Summary

Dragon Ball was initially inspired by the classical Chinese novel Journey to the West. The series follows the adventures of the protagonist, Son Goku, from his childhood through adulthood as he trains in martial arts and explores the world in search of the seven orbs known as the Dragon Balls, which summon a wish-granting dragon when gathered. Along his journey, Goku makes several friends and battles a wide variety of villains, many of whom also seek the Dragon Balls.

Availability

amazon.jp
ebook(might need to buy the first three volumes to match the complete collection)

Personal Opinion

I think this would be a fun story to read. It’s not just fighting-- it’s more of an adventure story of this boy with a tail, Son Goku, and his friend Bulma. I also think the art is pretty cute. The 完全版 has the first three volumes of the original manga in it (like Aria and Aqua).

Pros and Cons for the Book Club

Pros

• Furigana
  • Fun, Adventure Story
  • The 完全版 edition is bigger than the normal manga and has some of the pages in color

Cons

• Lots of sound effects and some specialized vocabulary

Pictures

First Three Pages of Chapter One

View On Imgur

Additional Pages

View on Imgur

Difficulty Poll

How much effort would you need to read this book?

• No effort at all
  • Minimal effort
  • Just right
  • Challenging
  • Impossible, even with everyone’s help
  • I don’t know (please click this if you’re not voting seriously)

0 voters

1 Like