Intermediate Japanese Book Club // Now Reading: セーラー服と機関銃

僕が愛したすべての君へ

Author: 乙野 四方字
Page count: 253 (bunko) / 209 (kindle)
Natively: 僕が愛したすべての君へ | L29

Summary

Japanese

(From Amazon)

人々が少しだけ違う並行世界間で日常的に揺れ動いていることが実証された時代――両親の離婚を経て母親と暮らす高崎暦(たかさき・こよみ)は、地元の進学校に入学した。勉強一色の雰囲気と元からの不器用さで友人をつくれない暦だが、突然クラスメイトの瀧川和音(たきがわ・かずね)に声をかけられる。彼女は85番目の世界から移動してきており、そこでの暦と和音は恋人同士だというのだが……並行世界の自分は自分なのか?

English

(From AniList. Seems mostly accurately translated, except the last line for some reason is completely different. :man_shrugging: )

In a world where people regularly travel between slightly different parallel universes, Koyomi Takasaki lives with his mother after his parents’ recent divorce. Awkward and studious, he has trouble making friends at his new school, until his classmate Kazune Takigawa seeks him out. She claims that she’s moved here from another world where she and Takasaki are lovers… But could he be the one who’s actually from a parallel world?

Availability

Amazon Paperbook
Kindle
Bookwalker

Personal Opinion

I read this a few months ago and really enjoyed it. The premise is really cool and I liked the blend of sci-fi and romance. It was also a really easy read (7 days for me), so I think it should be a good difficulty for intermediate book club.

Pros and Cons for the Book Club

Pros

• Interesting sci-fi premise
  • Not too difficult
  • On the shorter side

Cons

• Occasional sci-fi mumbo jumbo
  • There’s a related book set in an alternate universe, but both books were released on the same day and there’s no official order to them, which is confusing. (I’m simply nominating the one I enjoyed more, but for those who decide to ultimately read both books this order may be awkward.)

Pictures

First Seven Pages of the Prologue

(From book start to the first break)

Additional Pages

Bookwalker preview or Amazon preview

I recommend reading at least the preview for the first chapter (not just the prologue) since they are a bit different.

Sorry, but I don’t feel like finding some pages with some more of the sci-fi stuff to preview.

Difficulty Poll

How much effort would you need to read this book?

• No effort at all
  • Minimal effort
  • Moderate effort
  • Significant effort
  • So much effort my head might explode
  • I don’t know
0 voters
8 Likes