「どぶろくにブルーチーズハムカツ」
「いくらに吟醸酒」など、従来の日本酒と料理の組み合わせには 見られないものが数多く、その意外性に虜になる人も。

今まで培ってきたペアリング理論と実践をまとめた1冊。
ペアリングの理論とともに実際に『GEM by moto』で
提供してきた日本酒と料理のペアリング実例30種類以上を紹介

English

Introduction
[A book of amazing sake experiences!]
Sake innovator, Mari Chiba’s pairing technique is unveiled!

Everyone was surprised by a bold pairing of sake and food,
Mari Emi Chiba from “GEM by moto” attracting attention as an innovator in the sake world
A book that combines the theory and practice of the pairing and recipe examples into one volume
“The most advanced sake pairing”.

A Japanese sake bar “GEM by moto” in Ebisu, Tokyo
Here is the pairing of sake and food that the store manager Marie Chiba has devised.
“That taste is the first time!”

“Blue cheese ham cutlet”
There are many things that cannot be seen in the traditional combination of Japanese sake and cuisine, such as “How much Ginjo Sake”, and some people are captivated by its unexpectedness.

One book that summarizes the pairing theory and practice that has been cultivated so far.
Actually with GEM by moto along with the theory of pairing
Introducing more than 30 kinds of sake and food pairing examples.

Availability

Amazon

Personal Opinion

I'm not expecting this to win the poll but I'm reading this and finding it really interesting and also pretty squarely on my N3ish reading level*. I got a big ego boost last night at a sake event when I mentioned I was reading it so here it is.

Chiba Mari is a bit of a legend in the sake world with her innovative approach to pairing food and sake and this book is her manifesto and manual. Her shop in Tokyo is a must visit (although I haven't visited it yet). The book itself is part her paring theory, part recipes and part the science of interactions between the flavour chemicals in food and drinks.

I thought it would be fun to read a non-fiction book, although I fully admit this is a niche subject and very much my passion. Perhaps one of the detective Konan history manages might be more general appeal non-fiction.

Pictures

Prologue

Start of the Chapter on Warmed Sake

Recipe for Blue Cheese Ham Katsu - you should cook this

Difficulty Poll

How much effort would you need to read this book?

• No effort at all
  • Minimal effort
  • Challenging
  • Impossible
  • I don’t know (please click this if you’re not voting seriously)

0 voters

*NB I probably know a lot of Sake specific Kanji so this might be more difficult than I think

2 Likes