Intermediate Japanese Book Club // Now Reading: セーラー服と機関銃

ポーション頼みで生き延びます!

Summary

Japanese

長瀬香は、世界のゆがみを調整する管理者の失敗により、肉体を失ってしまう。しかも、元の世界に戻すことはできず、より文明の遅れた世界へと転生することしかできないらしい。 放り出されてはたまらないと香が要求したのは「思った通りの効果のある薬品を、自由に生み出す能力」! さらにアイテムボックスと言語理解能力と少し若返った身体を手に入れたカオル、生み出した薬品――ポーションを使って安定した生活を目指します!

English

One day, the supervisor in charge of watching over Earth was taking care of a distortion, when they made a mistake that caused Kaoru Nagase to lose her physical body. Not only that, but reincarnating her into a different, less culturally-advanced world is the only thing they can offer to do for her.

Not one to take this turn of events sitting down, Kaoru makes a demand: the power to create potions at any time she pleases, with whatever effect she wants it to have—and it doesn’t stop there either. She asks for a magical Item Box, the ability to understand and speak every language, and the same body she had back when she was a fifteen-year-old girl.

Using her newfound powers, Kaoru has to try and make a stable life for herself in a whole new world!

Availability

Amazon
Bookwalker

Personal Opinion

While it is an isekai and that is fairly overdone in general, we don’t really have a lot of them nominated for this book club, so it’s still a different kind of story than most of the current nominations. Other than that, it seems to have a slight twist on the usual formula for such books. It also has a female protagonist, which most similar books don’t, and I’ve seen some people say they liked it. So, that is why I’m interested in it.

Pros

• Has some furigana
  • Not too horribly long at 276 pages
  • Seems to be somewhat different from the current nominations

Cons

• 276 pages is still kind of long
  • Some elements of the story have been done a lot in other works already

Pictures

First Three Pages of Chapter One

Additional Pages

Difficulty Poll

How much effort would you need to read this book?

• No effort at all
  • Minimal effort
  • Just right
  • Challenging
  • Impossible, even with everyone’s help
  • I don’t know (please click this if you’re not voting seriously)

0 voters

2 Likes