Wtf (ten letters blah)

“so as you can see”
no, i can not.

this mnemonic might as well not exist.

8 Likes

What, you’ve never had blood-hair flavored tofu before? It’s sold right next to the sea cucumbers. :sunglasses::ok_hand:

7 Likes

Why can’t you imagine a populace of blood filled Tofu-people with hair sticking out of them? I’m only level 14 and I can do it! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

sorry, but this was just stupid and completely useless for me. that’s why i’m ranting here, maybe the fact i’m whining will be memorable enough to make it stick :wink:

5 Likes

first you need to go visit an optometrist :thinking:

5 Likes

Did you mean Otomegame?

1 Like

no

3 Likes

thank god. i’m more fond of the opposite genre :slight_smile:

Old mnemonic was something like “The populace is angry, because someone put blood and hair in their tofu. So they hire a shooter (しゅう) to go after the criminal.” Not the greatest mnemonic either, but was at least memorable enough for me to still remember it. Guessing they removed the shooter mnemonic, and replaced it with shoe? Odd decision, since しゅ also uses shoe, so there’s no way to differentiate those anymore.

6 Likes

Often the case for me, and/or moaning about inconsistencies and the like clarifies it for me.

1 Like

Personally, I see them AT the optometrist!

1 Like

I think of a single shoe for しゅ and a pile of shoes for しゅう. It mostly :thinking: works

2 Likes

shooter is removed?
that one helped me several times :confused:

1 Like

like u do with music?

3 Likes

Seconded. All my Shooters were ゴルゴ though.

1 Like

hope golgo wears some extremely memorable shoes :frowning:

In 旅 iirc tofu was an actual character, and in my mnemonic he was threatening me with a gun and telling me to take a trip in a direction far away from here or die (I knew 旅行 verbally so I didn’t bother with a reading mnemonic). So here if I had to invent one I’d go with tofu being at it again, spilling blood and ripping out children’s hair, terrorising the populace; so the populace decides to shoot (しゅう) him and put him down for good.

I dont even read the wk mnemonic anymore and havent for a long time, they never stick as well as a home made one for me.

2 Likes

i guess that’s true.
heisig for example provides you with complete mnemonics for a while, then cuts them short, then leaves them out altogether, insisting on you making your own.

part of the appeal wk has is that it’s “all done for you” and you’re being spoon-fed, which is nice in theory, but stopped working in most cases at some point. might be a problem with my mind set though.

That’s what I do when I see a really weird, nonsensical, or offensive mnemonic (or disturbing, courtesy of 年), is I just use the emotion of my reaction to make it more memorable. With the right frame of mind, emotions become tools to be used at our convenience.

1 Like

tbh, i’ve seen so many mnemonics now (thousands, at lvl 28), only very few stick around. like the story of sauron being stuck in a loop of raising zombies and you kicking a can in his face to make him snap out of it.

but sauron is gone now, so is good old joseph. kinda sad.

1 Like