Would anyone be interested in reading やがて君になる?

Great! The more the merrier!

First volume should arrive just about on time, so I should be good there, but I saw that others prefer tempo 1 chapter/week so I guess I’ll have to step it up pace-wise :smiley:
I’m wondering if I’ll be struggling with some vocab, so I will definitely check out Koohi to see if it helps with that.

I’m also hoping that vols 2 and 3 will get restocked on verasia…

I’m good for 15th March start date :smiley:

If it happens to be not too difficult I´d love to join you! :smile: :ok_hand: Moreover, I´ve always wanted to try a Yuri

Edit: March 15 is ok for me too!

March 15th is good for me… I’ve been really enjoying this series and actually have read ahead a lot! I’m on volume 2 now :flushed: But I’ve been rushing through it, so a book club schedule would be good for rereading more carefully and making flash cards for unknown words that I skipped over. Plus I want to talk about it!

1 Like

I’m currently reading 時をかける少女 but I’m in if I can get the book in time. It’s currently out of stock on Verasia so I’ll have to wait and see.

No worries, I might have to slow down at some points as well.

Sorry, I was flooded with work, but tomorrow I will have a bit more time and I will set up an ‘official’ reading thread for Volume 1 with all the polls etc.

Are you planning to do one topic per volume?

I’m not sure, because I have never done this before, but maybe it would be better to have one thread for the whole series? It’s 8 volumes.

I’d definitely recommend more than one thread for the whole series. Some book clubs do one thread per chapter, while others do one thread per volume. It mostly depends on participation, and I’ve seen times where book clubs started with one thread per chapter and moved to one per volume later when participation dropped. You could always do a poll for that here to get opinions. (Please let me see the results without voting though. :sob:)

4 Likes

Sorry, another poll. Before I go and create a thread for the book club, let me know what you would prefer, one thread per volume or one thread per chapter?

Thread option
  • 1 thread per chapter
  • 1 thread per volume

0 voters

Thanks! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For me, the more threads there are, the more likely it is that I lose track of the current one and stop participating.

2 Likes

I’m more inclined to have 1 per volume too, but thought it would be better to ask.

1 Like

Hi everyone, had over to here for the official book club thread. Let’s try and take it at one volume per one thread and we can see how we like it. I’m open to changing it, if we feel that we would benefit from it.

3 Likes