Would anyone be interested in a book club for really long books?

Count me in. My only concern right now is that I’m trying to cut back on the number of books I’m reading at once to really focus on 1 or 2 at a time and maintain the flow but that should be fine after ハルヒ and/or コンビニ.

My other problem is that most of my reading time goes towards VNs right now instead of actual books so the pace would be a factor. Probably 5 pages a day or so would be my limit. If anyone ever wanted to do a VN club though, I’d be interested. It could help to have some motivation when you’re reading something for 100+ hours. Although that might be too hard for a number of reasons (getting copies, taste, expense, harder to pick up and read anywhere).

There was a thread about this earlier that didn’t get much interest but the one long book I’m already planning on reading is 風が強く吹いている which is 512 pages. It’s about college students forming a team of runners and trying to qualify for the 箱根駅伝. It doesn’t seem particularly difficult from what I’ve read so far and I enjoyed the anime a lot.

I would read most of the suggestions so far too.

3 Likes